- skipfish – web application security scanne – Skipfish is an active web application security reconnaissance tool. It prepares an interactive sitemap for the targeted site by carrying out a recursive crawl and dictionary-based probes
- Google Releases Skipfish Application Security Scanner | threatpost – "Skipfish is an active web application security reconnaissance tool. It prepares an interactive sitemap for the targeted site by carrying out a recursive crawl and dictionary-based probes
- Raible Designs | What’s New in Spring 3.0 – This morning, I attended Rod Johnson's What's New in Spring 3.0 keynote at TSSJS. Rod ditched his slides for the talk and mentioned that this might be risky
- InfoQ: Industrial Strength Groovy – Paul King presents some of the tools helping one programming in Groovy: Cobertura – code coverage, CodeNarc – code style, EasyB – acceptance tests, GroovyDoc – documentation, GroovyMock/Spock – mocking and testing, Hudson – CI builds, Maven/Ant/Gant/Gradle – build files, OSGi – bundles, and Spring/Guice – dependency injection.
- PrettyTime – Elapsed Timestamp Formatting and Conversion for Java (Social, JSF2) | OcpSoft – PrettyTime is an OpenSource time formatting library. Completely customizable, PrettyTime creates human readable, relative timestamps
- Sonar 2.0 is Out | Javalobby – The Sonar team is pleased to announce Sonar 2.0. The main feature in Sonar 2.0 consists of analyzing Design : Architecture and Object Oriented Metrics.
- Java Symposium keynote video – Red Hat’s Bob McWhirter on cloud in application delivery – SOA Talk – Red Hat's chief architect of cloud computing, Bob McWhirter said the cloud is the next logical step for application delivery in his keynote on cloud computing at TheServerSide Java Symposium.
- MySQL’s Marten Mickos becomes CEO of hybrid cloud startup Eucalyptus Systems | VentureBeat – Marten Mickos, former chief executive of open source database company MySQL, is moving to cloud computing startup Eucalyptus Systems, where he will serve as CEO
- Microsoft, Adobe confident there is room for Silverlight, Flash | Developer World – InfoWorld – The HTML5 specification could be a game-changer in the rich Internet application realm, but representatives of Microsoft and Adobe Systems, both of which have proprietary plug-ins for Web applications, remained confident Thursday in their companies' Web strategies.
- The Secret to Having Happy Employees – You’re the Boss Blog – NYTimes.com – I have learned the long, hard and frustrating way that as a manager you cannot make everyone happy. You can try, you can listen, you can solve some problems, you can try some more. Good management requires training, counseling and patience, but there comes a point when you are robbing the business of precious time and energy.
Daily del.icio.us for March 18th through March 20th