- Book Review: How Great Leaders Create Innovation – Wall Street & Technology – A new book defines types of innovation and argues that by matching the right type with a company's culture, the risks of innovation can be reduced.
- iCloud’s real purpose: kill Windows – Cringely on technology – What this requires from Apple is a bold move that Microsoft would never make: Jobs is going to sacrifice the Macintosh in order to kill Windows. He isn't beating Windows, he’s making Windows inconsequential.
- Apple – iOS 5 – See new features included in iOS 5. – iOS 5 includes more than 200 new features for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Here’s a sneak peek at a few of our favorites.
- Sencha – Sencha.io Src Documentation – Here’s a quick guide on using Sencha.io Src.
- Top 10 Git Tutorials for Beginners – If you’d like to learn how to use Git, check out my top 10 favorite Git tutorials for beginners
- Bezos on innovation: Amazon ‘willing to be misunderstood for very long periods of time’ – GeekWire – One question at Amazon.com’s shareholder meeting this morning in Seattle clearly made an impression on Jeff Bezos, sparking an extraordinary response from the Amazon CEO and founder on the qualities of innovation and the characteristics of the company
- The Man Behind Linux: The Accidental Invention That Is Taking Hold of Wall Street – Wall Street & Technology – Linus Torvalds, the creator of the Linus operating system tells WS&T in this exclusive interview that his idea started "by accident" – but it ultimately spawned the open source movement that changed the heart of computing.
- ongwt.com – Aqu4rium – powered by forPlay/GWT – During GoogleIO an API for games was announced by Google. To test this API I gave two days to two developers of my team to understand this API and to reproduce a demo from Microsoft.
- Google Publishes C++, Go, Java and Scala Performance Benchmarks – Google has published a paper (PDF) comparing performance of four programming languages, C++, its own language Go, Java and Scala
- FT.com / The new Financial Times app for iPad and iPhone – We have launched a new, faster, more complete app for the iPad and iPhone which is available via your browser rather than from an app store
Links for June 7th through June 9th