- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins – This post list most common iptables solutions required by a new Linux user to secure his or her Linux operating system from intruders
- Intro to GWT4Touch 2.0 | Javalobby – GWT4Touch is a mobile framework that gives you the ability to write mobile applications based on HTML5. The framework internally leverage the industry leading HTML5 mobile framework application
- Spring Framework moves to GitHub | SpringSource Team Blog – Today we're happy to announce that the Spring Framework has moved to GitHub!
- 10 MongoDB Tips From Engine Yard Data Team | Engine Yard Blog – 10 MongoDB Tips From Engine Yard Data Team
- Show and Tell: MongoDB at foursquare | Foursquare Engineering Blog – On Friday 12/9, @cooperb gave a talk at the MongoSV 2011 conference covering our experiences deploying MongoDB on Amazon Web Services, including some of the operational tricks we use to keep our database servers highly performant.
- SOPA Is The Problem And Not The Solution. – SOPA Bill is trying to prevent intellectual property piracy which is a legitimate goal, but the way it is going about it will break the Internet and may cause economic calamity.
- The golden age of the developer – David Haywood Smith – The Kernel – There's never been a better time to be a developer. Thanks to an unprecedented range of open-source software, learning resources and useful web services at our disposal, we can learn new languages, get help, collaborate with others and, if our ideas win traction, there’s now a multitude of investors waiting in the wings to help us build companies around our products.
- My Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Mac OS X (2011 Edition) — carpeaqua by Justin Williams – This is the third installment of my must have must have list of tools and utilities as a Mac and iOS developer.
- The Spark micro framework | Web Builder Zone – Spark is a Sinatra inspired micro web framework for quickly creating web applications in Java with minimal effort.
- Creating a JDBC driver for Neo4j | Stuck in the middle – While most NOSQL databases, such as Neo4j, provide a non-relational way to store and query data, in this case it was possible to create a JDBC driver that can expose that non-relational data in a way that works reasonably well with the JDBC API
Links for December 20th through December 21st