- Stack Overflow Search — Now 81% Less Crappy – Blog – Stack Overflow – That's why I’m pleased to announce that as of today, we have switched all of our search functionality network wide from SQL Server to Lucene, or more specifically, the Lucene.NET flavor.
- My Experiments on Technology: 10 things to become an outstanding Java developer – If you are a java developer and passionate about technology, you can follow the below things which makes you an outstanding Java developer.
- Java Code Geeks: Best Of The Week – 2011 – W05 – I would like to introduce a new JavaCodeGeeks idea with this post. Every Sunday we are going to provide a list of useful articles and tutorials from the week that passed. They can definitely serve your Sunday morning reading over coffee!
- jsoup Java HTML Parser, with best of DOM, CSS, and jquery – jsoup is a Java library for working with real-world HTML. It provides a very convenient API for extracting and manipulating data, using the best of DOM, CSS, and jquery-like methods.
- How to Design Programs: An Introduction to Computing and Programming – This book is the first book on programming as the core subject of a liberal arts education. Its main focus is the design process that leads from problem statements to well-organized solutions; it deemphasizes the study of programming language details, algorithmic minutiae, and specific application domains
- CouchDB: The Definitive Guide – Three of CouchDB’s creators show you how to use this document-oriented database as a standalone application framework or with high-volume, distributed applications. With its simple model for storing, processing, and accessing data, CouchDB is ideal for web applications that handle huge amounts of loosely structured data.
- Java Image Processing Cookbook – This is a free e-book about digital image processing algorithms and functions with implementations in Java. Some examples use the Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) API
- On Leadership, Teams, Success & Happiness | Both Sides of the Table – It’s my belief that through exceptional leadership you attract great teams that do more than the sum of the parts
- Why Netflix Picked Amazon SimpleDB, Hadoop/HBase, and Cassandra « myNoSQL – The reason why we use multiple NoSQL solutions is because each one is best suited for a specific set of use cases
- Blogs for Development: How to add a SOAP header using jax-ws – In this article I will add a security header to the soap request. So I will create a class implementing the interface SOAPHandler and I will override the method handleMessage
- siena project · the scalable persistence tier for Java – Siena is a persitence API for Java inspired on the Google App Engine Python Datastore API
Daily del.icio.us for January 26th through January 30th