- How Facebook Ships Code « FrameThink – These are notes gathered from talking with many friends at Facebook about how the company develops and releases software.
- InfoQ: IT And Architecture: Inside-Out Perspectives – The enterprise that understands the need for a coherent strategy within IT to meet the needs of the business, will invest in a business architecture consisting of a business activity model and a business information model
- InfoQ: JasperSoft 4 Released with Big Data Support – JasperSoft this week announced support for reporting against big data systems, including support for a variety of modes for reporting on Hadoop, several popular NoSQL databases, as well as three MPP analytic relational databases
- InfoQ: RESTful SOA or Domain-Driven Design – A Compromise? – Vaughn Vernon advocates using DDD’s strategic modeling patterns when integrating services in a RESTful SOA implementation, avoiding one of SOA’s pitfalls: focusing on services rather than the domain.
- InfoQ: How Facebook Ships Code – most engineers are capable of writing bug-free code. it’s just that they don’t have an incentive to do so at most companies. when there’s a QA department, it’s easy to just throw it over to them to find the errors.
- As telecom industry evolves, success of Netflix is its biggest threat – During periods of peak Internet use, a full fifth of all American bandwidth consumption is people watching movies on Netflix.com
- InfoQ: Book Excerpt and Interview: 100 SOA Questions Asked and Answered – A new "100 SOA Questions Asked and Answered " book by Kerrie Holley and Ali Arsanjani provides a deep insight into SOA covering a wide spectrum of topics from SOA basics to its business and organizational impact, to SOA methods and architecture, to the future of SOA.
- InfoQ: Proving the Business Value of SOA – Anne Thomas Manes discusses SOA goals and objectives used to measure a system’s success, measuring the business value, SOA project metrics, and recommendations on proving the business value of SOA.
- InfoQ: REST and the Web as a Platform, with Subbu Allamaraju – In this interview, Subbu Allamaraju talks about real life issues of RESTful architectures. He also describes a pragmatic approach of adopting the Web as an integration platform and shares his opinion on OAuth.
- InfoQ: Developing Social-Ready Web Applications – Craig Walls discusses social web applications, how to integrate them, how to provide social data in a RESTful and secure way, introducing Spring Social, a framework for developing social web apps.
- InfoQ: SOA Security in Practice – Nicolai M. Josuttis discusses various issues encountered when implementing SOA security: heterogeneity and debugging are problematic, ESB plays an important role, and costs involved.
- Left-Handedness Loses Its Stigma but Retains Its Mystery – NYTimes.com – Dr. Francks said he was "quite happy with the sentiment of reassuring people that left-handedness is not some weird disability." But, he added, "There’s no reason to go beyond that and say that left-handers are even more talented."
- Social objects in the enterprise: Part 3 – confused of calcutta – Enterprises are changing from being hierarchies of customers and products to networks of relationships and capabilities, that human and social capital are gaining in prominence
- Mobile deathmatch: Motorola Mobility Atrix 4G vs. Apple iPhone 4 | Mobile Technology – InfoWorld – Motorola's versatile new Android smartphone outshines the iPhone in some ways, but falls short overall
Daily del.icio.us for March 6th