- YaHP Converter – Yet another Html to Pdf converter for Java – YaHP is a java library which permits to convert an html document into a pdf document.
- Java JSON library tour – In this series of Java JSON tutorials, we focus on three popular third party Java libraries to process JSON data, which are Jackson, Google Gson and JSON.simple
- InfoQ: Why I Chose MongoDB for guardian.co.uk – Mat Wall makes a journey through Guardian’s online history, outlining technologies used – Perl/CGI, CMS, J2EE, Oracle-, and explaining why they chose a NoSQL solution – MongoDB – and its advantages.
- InfoQ: Is REST the future for SOA? – REST can be used as both system design approach leveraging ROA (true REST approach) and SOA design implementation leveraging REST technologies (REST Web Services). Although both approaches have their merits, they do not change the hardest part– defining business services/resources aligned with the enterprise business model.
- disruptor – Concurrent Programming Framework – Concurrent Programming Framework that provides high performance alternative to bounded queues for exchanging data between concurrent threads
- There’s no such thing as big data – O’Reilly Radar – perspective. They’re fearless, because they have less to lose. But big, entrenched incumbents should still be able to compete, because they have massive amounts of data about their customers, their products, their employees, and their competitors. They fail because often they just don’t know how to ask the right questions.
- Video: Getting Started with Spring Data Redis | SpringSource.org – In this video, Redis founder, Salvatore Sanfilippo, introduces the technology, its data structures and the fundamental concepts behind it. Then SpringSource engineer, Costin Leau, discusses the Redis support in Spring Data, and will showcase how easy it is to get started and scale out into a cloud environment such as Cloud Foundry.
- NoSQL – It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like SQL – tecosystems – What is apparent is the demand for query languages within the NoSQL world. The category might self-identify with its explicit rejection of the industry’s original query language, but the next step in NoSQL’s evolution will be driven in part by furious implementations of SQL’s children.
- Try the unconventional alternative – Business of Software Blog – The next time you are faced with a decision that looks like a choice between A, B, or C…. pause for a moment and let your imagination wonder. Is there an option D, E, or F?
- Why GNU grep is fast – The key to making programs fast is to make them do practically nothing. 😉
Brenda Michelson wrote the primer because she think BPEL is an important spec for IT professionals to understand, especially those pursuing SOA and/or integration strategies.
Java library designer Joshua Bloch teaches how to design good APIs, with many examples of what good and bad APIs look like.
A GNU/Linux project, to take all the binary blobs out of a rather popular distribution and make it all free. In doing so we have also produced a set of scripts that allow anyone to create a GNU/Linux Distribution