- Spring GemFire 1.0.1 Released for Java and .NET | SpringSource.org – I am pleased to announce that 1.0.1 GA release of the Spring GemFire project is now available for both Java and .NET! The Spring GemFire project aims to make it easier to build Spring-powered highly scalable applications using GemFire as distributed data management platform.
- The OpenGamma Platform – Unified Financial Analytics – OpenGamma provides technology for financial institutions to improve analytics calculation and delivery to front-office and risk users.
- The "book" is dead [dive into mark] – The "book" is dead. Long live "content". And God help us all if world-class writers like David can’t make a living from it.
- Coding Horror: The Hot/Crazy Solid State Drive Scale – Solid state hard drives are so freaking amazing performance wise, and the experience you will have with them is so transformative, that I don't even care if they fail every 12 months on average
- Bin Laden Announcement Has Highest Sustained Tweet Rate Ever, At 3440 Tweets Per Second – Twitter has just revised its preliminary measurements of 4,000 tweets per second from last night’s announcement of Osama Bin Laden’s death
- InfoQ: Deep Dive into HTML5 and CSS3 – Wesley Reisz explains HTML5, demoing some of its most important features and highlighting some of the obstacles he met while working with it.
- couchbaselabs/iOS-Couchbase – Apache CouchDB optimized for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch – Apache CouchDB on iOS provides a simple way to sync your application data across devices and provide cloud backup of user data. Unlike other cloud solutions, the data is hosted on the device by Couchbase Mobile, so even when the network is down or slow (airplane, subway, backyard) the application is responsive to users.
- Highlights of web technology surveys, May 2011: Every second website is using Google Analytics now – Google Analytics has been the most popular web analytics tool for a long time. Last month, it has added another 0.2% of all websites to its user base, and it has now reached an incredible milestone: Every second website is using Google Analytics.
- Microsoft’s plan to increase its focus on developers: The full internal memo | ZDNet – The move of Microsoft Corporate Vice President Scott Guthrie from the .Net developer platform to heading up the newly created Azure Application Platform team is just one part of the Server and Tools Business reorg announced on May 2 inside Microsoft.
Links for May 1st through May 2nd