- Implementation Spotlight: ShowMeTheParts.com – Sencha – Blog – We chose Ext JS because of the overall design, component architecture, and robust handling of data along with the flexible and powerful grid and associated components. Plus, the detail of the Ext JS API documentation and the thorough list of examples made Ext JS the best choice.
- Keep Making Social Networks, Facebook Hasn’t Won – As a company grows, it can only innovate so quickly. It becomes more conservative, less willing to take risks and in Facebook’s case it will ultimately have to bow to external pressures post-IPO
- Interview: Apple’s AirPlay is a big, big business – Computerworld Blogs – Perhaps you didn't see it, but Apple last week helped create a brand-new $15 billion business when it introduced its new AirPlay music streaming system
- CHART OF THE DAY: Facebook Passes Google In Time Spent On Site For First Time Ever – Time spent on Facebook was greater than time spent on Google sites in the U.S. in August for the first time in history, according to fresh data from comScore.
- JPMorgan Said to Test IPhone, BlackBerry Alternatives – Bloomberg – JPMorgan is testing the Apple Inc. device and smartphones based on Google Inc.’s Android software, said the people, who didn’t want to be named because the plans haven’t been made public
- Adobe resurrects Flash-to-iPhone app tool | Deep Tech – CNET News – In the wake of loosened Apple restrictions, Adobe Systems has restarted work on a tool called Packager for iPhone that lets developers make native iOS apps out of Flash programs.
- Short Sharp Science: How Google Instant knows what you want – I actually think most people don't want Google to answer their questions. They want Google to tell them what they should be doing next.
- Gartner Says Android to Become No. 2 Worldwide Mobile Operating System in 2010 and Challenge Symbian for No. 1 Position by 2014 – The worldwide mobile operating system (OS) market will be dominated by Symbian and Android, as the two OSs will account for 59.8 percent of mobile OS sales by 2014, according to Gartner
- Google Wave becomes Wave in a Box | Developer World – InfoWorld – Google Wave, the social networking service canceled by Google, will morph into an application bundle for real-time collaboration, a Google engineer said this week.
Daily del.icio.us for September 7th through September 13th