- Vaadin Directory Opens its Doors – Blog – vaadin.com – Vaadin Directory is now open. Your are welcome to browse, download and try number add-ons that can make you Vaadin-based applications even better!
- gwt-mobile-webkit – GWT library to leverage HTML5 and Mobile WebKit features (specifically iPhone/iPod Touch) – This library contains GWT API's addressing the new HTML5 features which are supported by Mobile WebKit
- gwt-cal – an open-source calendar widget similar to iCal, Outlook, Google Calendar, etc – gwt-cal is a web-based calendar component similar to iCal, Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar. It can be included in any Google Web Toolkit (GWT) web-application, and can be easily themed to resemble your favorite calendar tool.
- Google’s Chrome Leaves Another Hackathon Unscathed « The Firewall – Forbes.com – This year, researchers cracked Firefox, Internet Explorer 8, and Safari in minutes, winning $10,000 each, bragging rights and the hardware those applications were running on. But more notable is the one survivor of the competition's browser category: Google's Chrome.
- Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM): A guide to building security into software development – The Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM) is an open framework to help organizations formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization
- piriti – JSON and XML Mapper for GWT – Piriti (Maori for "bridge") is a JSON and XML mapper for GWT based on annotations and deferred binding. The following code snippets show the basic idea behind Piriti.
- Java-Clojure Interop: Calling Clojure From Java | Javalobby – Clojure is quickly becoming one of the more popular JVM languages because of its high performance and excellent handling of concurrency. Rich Hickey's talk entitled "An Introduction For Java Programmers" is a great resource for Java programmers who are interested in learning Clojure.
- AppModuleUiBinder – gwt-mosaic – Using Application module & Actions with UiBinder. – Project Hosting on Google Code – The UiBinder framework allows you to build your applications as HTML pages with GWT widgets sprinkled throughout them (see Declarative Layout with UiBinder).<br />
This tutorial will show how to bind UiBinder declared elements with GWT Mosaic Actions using the Application module.
- How to Make an HTML5 iPhone App – I’ll show you how to create an offline HTML5 iPhone application. More specifically, I’ll walk you through the process of building a Tetris game.
- JIRA 4 RC1 – Beta no more – JIRA Product Blog – The JIRA 4 Beta program is now complete. This week we released JIRA 4 Release Candidate 1 which means we're closer than ever to the finish line.
- jrecordbind: JRecordBind – Home – JRecordBind is (AFAIK) the only tool aimed at fixed-length files that's able to marshall and unmarshall. By the way you may be a producer of fixed length files, not just a consumer.
JRecordBind supports hierarchical fixed length files: records of some type that are "sons" of other record types.
JRecordBind uses XML Schema for the definition file: that could make your learning curve steeper.
- SOA patterns – Reservations | SOA Zone – Reservations is a protocol level pattern which that involves Reservation involves exchange of messages between service consumers and services. The next pattern is one of the enablers of such message exchange , it is also a one of the confusing pattern since a lot of commercial offerings which include it include gazillion other capabilities – yes I am talking about the ServiceBus
- Agile Architecture, Lean Principles | Javalobby – If we are able to take a seemingly architecturally significant challenge and make it reversible, then we have effectively minimized the impact and cost of change to a point where change is no longer architecturally significant.
- Java Web services: JAXB and JAX-WS in Axis2 – Apache Axis2 supports a range of data-binding technologies, including the official Java™ standard, JAXB 2.x. Axis2 also supports the Java standard for Web service configuration, JAX-WS 2.x, as an alternative to its own custom configuration technique
- JPA Implementation Patterns: Testing | Javalobby – This week I will discuss various approaches to testing JPA code.The first question to ask is: what code do we want to test? Two kinds of objects are involved when we talk about JPA: domain objects and data access objects (DAO's)
- InfoQ: RESTful Approaches To Financial Systems Integration – RESTful architectures are the subject of this presentation, specifically the way they are particularly attractive in solving many financial services integration problem
- AT&T’s Femtocell Coming Soon – Yahoo! Finance – AT&T’s 3G Microcell is designed to improve wireless signal for both voice calls and data applications in home and small business settings and supports up to 10 3G capable cellular handsets
- iPhone Cycling Applications « – Phone, music, email, cycling computer and GPS tracking all in one device. Pretty slick. However before you trash your pricey cycling computer be aware the iPhone has an Achilles heel as a cycling computer.
- Dive Into Python 3 – Dive Into Python 3 covers Python 3 and its differences from Python 2. Compared to Dive Into Python, it’s about 20% revised and 80% new material. The book is now complete, but feedback is always welcome.
- memcached and Grails, Part 1: Installing and using memcached – Caching is an essential part of any high-volume Web application and memcached is a great caching option. I have personally had a ton of success using it. If you choose to leverage memcached as your caching solution, I am sure you will see just how effective it is.
Just took a nice and short bike ride the Greenway Trail that connects Beverly Hills park by my house to Mitchell Park and eventually Fox Brook park. Nice trip that’s about 8 miles through Brookfield neighborhoods and parks.
I recorded this trip using the Trails iPhone app that record maps while hiking, on bike trips or while jogging directly on your iPhone.
Map created by EveryTrail: Share GPS Tracks