- Botnet master hits the kill switch, takes down 100,000 PCs – Ars Technica – Botnets aren't just dangerous because they can steal massive amounts of personal data and launch denial-of-service attacks—they can also self-destruct, leaving the owners of affected machines in the dust.
- SpringSource Team Blog » Jump into Roo for extreme Java productivity – Roo's mission is to fundamentally and sustainably improve Java developer productivity without compromising engineering integrity or flexibility.
- InfoQ: The Emergence of Virtual Service Oriented Grids – In much the same way the Internet changed business forever, virtual service oriented grid computing has the potential to force change once again
- Outside the Box() » Slick Speed – So in the interest of getting to the bottom of the story, I did a little unscientific testing of my own using Slickspeed, which tests selector engine performance.
- Apache Camel: tutorial-osgi-camel-part2 – Designing a Service Oriented Architecture seems very obvious for most of us but implies that different parameters are taken into account
- Fuji – The Next Generation of OpenESB | Java™ Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – Project Fuji forms the core component of Open ESB v3 effort and represents Sun’s next generation open source integration runtime, focused on providing a lightweight, developer-friendly, and extensible platform for composite application development.
- State of the Art – With a Private MiFi Hot Spot, Be Online Wherever You Like – NYTimes.com – When you turn on your MiFi and wait 30 seconds, it provides a personal, portable, powerful, password-protected wireless hot spot.
- A Review of 5 Java JSON Libraries – Rob@Rojotek – If you are looking for a simple lightweight Java library that reads and writes JSON, and supports Streams, JSON.simple is probably a good match. It does what it says on the box in 12 classes, and works on legacy (1.4) JREs.
- google-gson – A Java library to convert JSON to Java objects and vice-versa – Gson is a Java library that can be used to convert Java Objects into its JSON representation. It can also be used to convert a JSON string to an equivalent Java object. Gson can work with arbitrary Java objects including pre-existing objects that you do not have source-code of.
- Jailer – Database Subsetting and Sampling Tool – Jailer is a tool for database subsetting and sampling, schema browsing, and rendering. It exports consistent, referentially intact row-sets from relational databases. It removes obsolete data without violating integrity. It is DBMS agnostic (by using JDBC), platform independent, and generates DbUnit datasets, hierarchically structured XML, and topologically sorted SQL-DML.
Daily del.icio.us for May 7th through May 9th