- Netflix, Reed Hastings Survive Missteps to Join Silicon Valley’s Elite – Businessweek – On a normal weeknight, Netflix (NFLX) accounts for almost a third of all Internet traffic entering North American homes. That’s more than YouTube, Hulu, Amazon.com (AMZN), HBO Go, iTunes, and BitTorrent combined. Traffic to Netflix usually peaks at around
- Mobile DevCon New York – How We Built Facebook for iOS – Hear the story of how we rebuilt the Facebook app – moving to native code instead of WebViews – from one of Facebook's very own iOS engineers.
- With Windows Blue, Microsoft may (finally) do the right thing | ZDNet – Call it capitulation. Call it listening to customers. But whatever you call it, making Windows 8 more usable with expected coming Blue tweaks is a positive, not a negative.
- Learn Web Penetration Testing: The Right Way – PentesterLab is an easy and great way to learn penetration testing.
PentesterLab provides vulnerable systems that can be used to test and understand vulnerabilities.
- Guitar Handbook Download with Berklee Online | Berkleemusic.com – Get a taste of Berklee's legendary guitar instruction in our free downloadable Guitar Handbook. This extensive PDF contains lessons taken from Berklee's 12-week online guitar courses, and covers introductory topics such as scales, triads, strumming techniq
- Microsoft Windows 8 criticism response: not like New Coke | BGR – Microsoft executive Frank Shaw is not happy with everyone who compared Windows 8 to New Coke this week. Shaw, who serves as Microsoft’s vice president of corporate communications, has written a blog post swiping back at media outlets who bashed the company
- Google builds push notifications into Chrome, Chrome OS | Internet & Media – CNET News – In a step to help browser-based apps catch up with the abilities of other software, Google has made it possible for programmers to push notifications to Web apps running in Chrome.
- Disruptive technologies articles and insights discussion with Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt – In the first of a series of video interviews with high-tech experts, Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt explores the technologies likely to have the greatest disruptive impact on economies, business models, and people.
- NASA to migrate ISS computers from Windows to Linux | The Rocketry Blog – Citing stability issues NASA has announced they will be migrating the ISS laptops and PCs from Windows to Linux
- Why Enterprise Software Sucks: 6 Years Later | The Future Of Work – I thought it would be interesting to revisit the topic and see what progress has been made (or not made) since then.
Links for May 7th through May 13th