- InfoQ: Decisions, Decisions – Dan North engages the audience into a discussion about the tradeoffs involved in making decisions regarding the team composition, development style, architecture, and deployment solutions.
- Google has lost control of Android – Only a miraculous Google I/O developer conference can take back Android, but challenges remain. Big ones. Google's problem: Two partners are overwhelming successful, while the majority limp along, and one hurts the entire Android ecosystem. Apple is now the least of concerns. Putting Amazon and Samsung in their place is more important.
- Touch4j – A simple to use Java API for Sencha Touch 2.0 now with PhoneGap, Charts and Map integration! – Touch4j – A simple to use Java API for Sencha Touch 2.0 now with PhoneGap, Charts and Map integration!
- Tessell is a GWT application framework that follows a Model View Presenter architecture – Tessell is a GWT application framework that follows a Model View Presenter architecture & requires less boilerplate (10x less LOC than hand-coded MVP)
- What is Model View Presenter (MVP) in GWT Application? – The MVP pattern is extremely useful when building large, web-based applications with GWT. Not only does it help make code more readable, and subsequently more maintainable, it also makes it much easier to implement new features, optimizations, and automated testing
- Meteor – A new way to build apps. – Meteor is a set of new technologies for building top-quality web apps in a fraction of the time, whether you're an expert developer or just getting started.
- Spring Data JPA Tutorial Part Seven: Pagination | Petri Kainulainen – The previous part of my Spring Data JPA tutorial described how you can sort query results with Spring Data JPA. This blog entry will describe how you can paginate the query results by using Spring Data JPA. In order to demonstrate the pagination support of Spring Data JPA, I will add two new requirements for my example application:
- GWT Highcharts – A comprehensive API enabling the use of Highcharts within a GWT application. – GWT Highcharts is a freely available open source library that provides an elegant and feature complete approach for including Highcharts and Highstock visualizations within a GWT application using pure Java code (including GWT widget libraries, such as SmartGWT or Ext GWT.)
Links for April 27th through April 29th