- Social networking behind the corporate firewall increases 500%, creates big vulnerabilities | IT Systems News – Betanews – In total, social networking within the corporate firewall has increased 500% in one year's time. The reason this is important is because Palo Alto highlights this as a huge vulnerability, since most SSL-encoded traffic is invisible to corporate IT, and it is a potential vector for serious security breaches.
- forplay – A cross-platform game abstraction library – Google Project Hosting – ForPlay is a cross-platform game abstraction library for writing games that compile to HTML5 (WebGL and Canvas), Java, Android and Flash
- Google Think Insights – research and insights to help marketers make smarter decisions – At Google we believe data beats opinion. So we work hard to study the worlds of consumer behavior, digital and media, and we’re pleased to share what we’ve learned with you.
- InfoQ: Evolution of Code Design at Facebook – Nick Schrock presents how Facebook’s code evolved over time, explaining some new constructs – fbobjects, Preparables, Ents – introduced to address the complexities of a large social graph.
- InfoQ: Agile Architecture Interactions – By simplifying agile methods to a perspective such as the one presented here and being influential at the critical interaction points, a skilled architect can adapt to agile development while staying focused on the core architectural work
- Google announces Android @ Home | BGR – Google announced on Tuesday a new feature of the Android operating system called Android @ Home. The framework and associated functions transform an Android device into a home automation controller that connects and directs all of the devices and appliances in the user’s home
- Jekyll is a blog-aware, static site generator in Ruby – GitHub – Jekyll is a simple, blog aware, static site generator. It takes a template directory (representing the raw form of a website), runs it through Textile or Markdown and Liquid converters, and spits out a complete, static website suitable for serving with Apache or your favorite web server.
- Github as a CMS to end CMSes – Github can be used as a site serving tool. It is actually a pretty usable CMS even for non-technical folks. With some more tweaks it could be a killer platform for content with all the wonderful potential from forking and pull requests
- Why Every Child in America Needs an iPad | Cult of Mac – My advice to parents: Unplug that TV and run, don’t walk, to Toys R Us and buy each of your kids an iPad 2 — before TV turns them into "average Americans."
Links for May 9th through May 11th