- The Lives They Lived – Dennis Ritchie, b. 1941 – In a sense, Ritchie has enabled us to all become programmers. And this alone should give us the power to create our own digital future.
Hello, new world.
- InfoQ: Code2Cloud: Automating The Whole Software Dev/Deploy Cycle – Ryan Slobojan presents Code2Cloud used to automatically set up a number of tools useful for development and deployment: Hudson, Git, task repository, wiki, Cloud Foundry Deployment Services and Maven
- InfoQ: Implementing Scalable HA Architectures with Spring Integration – Gary Russell and David Turanski discuss creating HA architectures with Spring Integration using Cluster Controller and Strict Message Ordering, accompanied by demoes
- NoSQL at Twitter: Why / How they use Scribe, Hadoop/Pig, HBase, Cassandra, and FlockDB for data analytics? | Javalobby – Here’s some interesting NoSQL stuff guys. It’s a presentation about how Twitter uses NoSQL for analytics by Kevin Weil (@kevinweil), Analytics Lead, Twitter.
- High Scalability – How Twitter Stores 250 Million Tweets a Day Using MySQL – One of the interesting stories he told was of the transition from Twitter's old way of storing tweets using temporal sharding, to a more distributed approach using a new tweet store called T-bird, which is built on top of Gizzard, which is built using MySQL.
- Design an SOA solution using a reference architecture – The long-term goal of the SOA solution stack is to provide templates and guidelines to help architects facilitate and automate the process of modeling and documenting the architectural layers, building blocks, options, product mappings, and architectural and design decisions that contribute to the creation of an SOA.
Links for December 22nd