- The 90th percentile: MyFaces: The emperor has no clothes – My last project is going into production in a couple of weeks, and it has been implemented using JSF. I started with JSF in good faith: it should be stable by now, it is blessed by Sun and included as the de facto web framework in JEE 5.
- James Ward’s Blog » Blog Archive » My Recent Flex & Apollo Adventures – A while back Bruce Eckel and I recorded a screencast of us building a Flex application with Hibernate and XFire on the backend. I finally got around to packaging the code for that demo. You can get it from SourceForge.
- Dynamic languages: More than just a quick fix | InfoWorld | Analysis | 2007-04-16 | By Andrew Binstock – IT’s rise to prominence as a core competence that delivers competitive advantage has been accompanied by a dramatic increase in the number of software development projects it must complete
- Translation From PR-Speak to English of Selected Portions of Rails Developer David Heinemeier Hansson?s Response to Alex Payne?s Interview [dive into mark] – LAUGH OUT LOUD funny take from Mark Pilgrim, John Gruber style. 🙂
- WordPress Performance: Why My Site Is So Much Faster Than Yours by Elliott Back – There?s no good reason for WordPress or your site to be slow, except your own negligence. Cache everything. Monitor performance
- Tim Sneath : Introducing Microsoft Silverlight – Silverlight (previously codenamed "WPF/E") is a lightweight subset of XAML for building rich media experiences on the web.
- Java Community News – BEA Releases JRockit R27.2 with Java 6 Support – BEA’s latest JVM release, JRockit R27.2, is the first implementation of the Java 6 VM. In addition to providing full Java 6 support, the latest JRockit VM includes many-fold performance improvements, especially for applications with short-lived objects.
- Enomalism : XEN Virtualized Server Management Console: Amazon EC2 Migration – The Enomalism Elastic migration module is a migration tool kit for the management and migration of virtual images between your local xen based enomalism environment and the remote Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Environment.
- Everybody Hates Don Imus – Frank Rich’s brilliant column – Even in that short span, there?s been an astounding display of hypocrisy, sanctimony and self-congratulation from nearly every side of the debate
- Dev2Dev Online: Open Source and BEA – BEA believes in open source. We believe a blended strategy for application development and deployment?combining the best of open source and commercial software?provides important freedom and flexibility not available through all-or-nothing approaches
- Web Worker Daily » Blog Archive Web Worker Emergency Survival Kit « – Over the years, I?ve accumulated a variety of tools that don?t take up much space but that come in handy when an emergency comes along. On the average day, I don?t need any of these – but when I do, I?m happy to have them. Here are my suggestions