- Adobe debuts Flash Platform tools, including renamed Flex Builder – Yahoo! News – Adobe Systems will roll out on Monday a slew of development tools and technologies for the Flash Platform, including a renamed version of its Flex Builder tool as well as an IDE for its ColdFusion platform
- Scaling writes in MySQL – Coincidentally, during Michael Jackson's memorial service, we actually did hit an incoming rate of a little over 8000 records per second for a few hours.
- Google Web Toolkit Blog: The enterprise (apps) in your pocket – Modern mobile phones such Android based devices and the iPhone ship will powerful web browsers which use the same Webkit rendering engine which GWT already supports and increasingly includes great capabilities like geo-location and offline storag
- Comparing Memcache and Ehcache Server Performance « Greg Luck’s Blog – I already knew that Ehcache in-process was around 1,000 times faster than Memcache. But what would the over-the-network comparison be
- Google Working Toward "Write Once, Run Anywhere" Native Web Apps | Web Builder Zone – Google NaCl is still in the prototype stage with more significant features in the works along with PNaCl (Portable Native Client). The Portable NaCL variation, Google said, will be able to recognize a machine's hardware and run a Native Client application that is tailored to that machine. Developers will simply write one PNaCl module that can run on any processor or operating system (NaCl modules already support Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Obama Quotes Lincoln To House Dems: ‘I Am Bound To Be True’ (VIDEO) – President Obama began his speech by quoting Abraham Lincoln. "I am not bound to win, but I'm bound to be true," he said. "I'm not bound to succeed, but I'm bound to live up to what light I have."
- Op-Ed Columnist – America’s Real Dream Team – NYTimes.com – Because when you mix all of these energetic, high-aspiring people with a democratic system and free markets, magic happens.
- IBM Launches Public Cloud Service — Application Development Trends – Red Hat called the choice of RHEV over virtualization technology from VMware a coup for its hypervisor stack
- Microsoft’s RemoteFX raises the bar for remote connections – With Microsoft RemoteFX, users will be able to work remotely in a Windows Aero desktop environment, watch full-motion video, enjoy Silverlight animations, and run 3D applications – all with the fidelity of a local-like performance when connecting over the LAN
Daily del.icio.us for March 20th through March 22nd