- The storage solution Sun should have built | unixville – The HP MediaSmart Server EX485 is a diminutive low-power device that provides backup and storage service for all your home computers. It runs Windows Home Server, uses commodity hardware and supports Mac & iTunes, all while providing space for 4 internal drives
- ThinkUI SQL Client – SQL Query and Code Generation Tool for Java Developers – ThinkUI SQL Client is designed for Java™ developers who needs to work with multiple databases and would like to a tool with features that will improve their productivity and help reduce the tedious nature of software development.
- Granite Data Services (Free, Open Source, Flex & J2EE) – Confluence – Granite Data Services (GDS) is a free, open source (LGPL'd) alternative to Adobe® LiveCycle® (Flex™ 2+) Data Services for J2EE application servers. The primary goal of this project is to provide a framework for Flex 2+/EJB 3/Seam/Spring/Guice/POJO application development with full AMF3/RemoteObject benefits.
- Raible Designs | Choosing an Ajax Framework – For #1, we chose Ext JS, Dojo, YUI and GWT because we feel these Ajax libraries offer the most UI widgets. We also considered Prototype/Scriptaculous, jQuery and MooTools, but decided against them because of their lack of UI widgets
- Morningstar – Business Wire: Artisan Funds Portfolio Managers David Samra and Daniel O’Keefe Named Morningstar’s 2008 International-Stock Fund Manager of the Year – Artisan Partners, investment adviser to the Artisan Funds, announced that Morningstar has named David Samra and Daniel O’Keefe, Portfolio Co-Managers of the Artisan International Value Fund (ARTKX) and Artisan Global Value Fund (ARTGX), its International-Stock Fund Manager of the Year for 2008
- patterns & practices: Application Architecture Guide 2.0 (The Book) – Home – Welcome to the patterns & practices Application Architecture Guide 2.0 project site! provides design-level guidance for the architecture and design of applications built on the .NET Framework. It focuses on the most common types of applications, partitioning application functionality into layers, components, and services, and walks through their key design characteristics.This guide is a collaborative effort between patterns & practices, product teams, and industry experts
- Kilim: Fast, lightweight, cheap message passing in Java | Java™ Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – The message passing (MP) paradigm is often seen as a superior alternative to the typical mix of idioms in concurrent (shared-memory, locks) and distributed programming (CORBA/RMI). This talk describes a Java framework called “Kilim” to fix this state of affairs.
- Unison File Synchronizer – Unison is a file-synchronization tool for Unix and Windows. It allows two replicas of a collection of files and directories to be stored on different hosts (or different disks on the same host), modified separately, and then brought up to date by propagating the changes in each replica to the other
- Public Object: Always use jarjar to package implementation dependencies – jarjar is a sweet Java packaging tool that allows you to embed one .jar file in another. But rather than just smashing the jars together in one big archive, jarjar renames the embedded .jar's classes so that they live in the main jar's namespace
Daily del.icio.us for January 4th through January 9th