- Everything I Know About Project Management, I Learned from Game of Thrones #humor – In George R.R. Martin’s masterful series, A Song of Ice and Fire (currently an HBO television show, Game of Thrones), many characters in the fantasy world of Westeros create goals, make plans, maneuver people and events toward the goal they want, and event
- Big-O Algorithm Complexity Cheat Sheet – Excellent list of the Big O complexity of the most common algorithms and data structures
- How to keep up to date on Front-End Technologies – The Recipe – The web is a rapidly evolving universe. An important part of our job as front-end developers is keeping up to date and staying close to new tools, trends and workflows. Hundreds of blog posts and articles are published every day, but there is no way you c
- Revisiting the Sencha Touch 2.2 Sql Proxy – I’m pleased to report that all of the bugs that I had previously reported now seem to be fixed in the Touch 2.2 RC1 beta! So, let’s do a little deep-dive into the proxy, shall we?
- Chrome’s requestAutocomplete() – Programmatic access to autocomplete (or autofill) data. – Once requestAutocomplete() has been called, a permissions info dialog will be displayed by Chrome, prompting the user to share their information with the page. What does this mean in practice? It means that we can replace most forms with two-click signups
- Lessons Learned: A Year with a Large AngularJS Project – @jhooks – After a year of working with a large AngularJS project, I thought I’d share a few of the lessons that I learned in the process. Firstly, I love AngularJS. It suits my needs exceedingly well, and I expect it will be my goto for the forseeable future when I
- How I Use Evernote (And IFTTT) — Aaron Francis – Recently, a good friend asked me "What's the best way to store important documents? Dropbox, Google Drive, or iCloud?" I responded with an in-depth description of my Evernote process. This is the expanded, even more wonderful version of that answer.
- How Google plans to rule the computing world through Chrome – Are you ready for Google to take over the desktop? You’d better be if you use Chrome. With it, Google is making a play to rule the computing world as a back door to a new app economy.
- Starters Guide to iOS Design – In this guide I'll describe the deliverables you'll be expected to produce, outline the constraints of the medium and introduce fundamental iOS and UI design concepts.
- VMware’s Web Services Challenge Cloud Rivals Amazon to Microsoft – Businessweek – VMware Inc. (VMW) is debuting a service that lets customers use the Web to access information and programs stored in its data centers, an effort to challenge Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) and Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) in cloud computing.
Links for May 21st through May 26th