- What Programming Languages Should You Know? – David Chisnall suggests that the more programming languages you know, the better. The point is not to stuff your head with language rules. Rather, he explains how being able to read multiple languages, even if you never code in them, can help you to selec
- MetaWidget: the ‘sweet spot’ of automatic UI development – Metawidget takes your domain objects and automatically creates User Interface components for them, saving you handcoding your UIs and leaving you to concentrate on stitching together your application.
- Ext JS: A reminder that you are not alone on Dion Almaer’s Blog – Every now and then, normally when talking to a libertarian, I think about how we are actually all connected to each other. It is impossible to sandbox yourself from society which leads me to conclude that I need to embrace it and do what I can to work out
- InformIT: Interview with Donald Knuth > Interview with Donald Knuth – Andrew Binstock and Donald Knuth converse on the success of open source, the problem with multicore architecture, the disappointing lack of interest in literate programming, the menace of reusable code, and that urban legend about winning a programming co
- Graeme Rocher’s Blog: Choosing an OSS License and the Ext-JS saga – The news that Ext-JS has, from one release to the next, changed from a modified LGPL to a GPL based license nearly made me fall off my chair. There have been many poor judged, and ill advised decisions made by software companies over the last few years, b
- The Future of Enterprise Software: I Am So Scared, I Am So Excited « 7thursdays – More so than ever, the time is coming for companies that build it right and do it right to prosper while the ones that exclusively focus on just selling it right and who-cares-what-happens-after-the-deal-closes to stare at a lacklustre or flat revenue cur
- @Gridify: Java Executor Service Rocket Scientists and Generics Brain Surgeons – We at GridGain recently were faced with the following problem. It turns out (may be old news to some), that java.util.concurrent.ExecutorService in JDK 1.6 is not backward compatible with JDK 1.5
- Take a screenshot in Flex and send it to ASP.NET | YTechie.com – In Adobe Flex 3, you can get a bitmap image of any control by using this code (you’ll need to import "mx.graphics.ImageSnapshot"):
- Simple CSS: Creating More Readable Text | Web Page Design for Designers © – CSS provides three very useful properties to enhance the readability of your site: font, line-height, and letter-spacing
- Jack Slocum’s Blog – » Ext JS License change and personal attacks – It’s not right the amount of personal attacks I have been receiving lately. I have people questioning my ethics, business practices and saying we changed Ext JS to GPL v3 because my (and I quote) “greed for money came before your moral ethics”.
- Hundreds of Thousands of Microsoft Web Servers Hacked – Security Fix – The attackers appear to be breaking into the sites with the help of a security vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) Web servers. In an alert issued last week, Microsoft said it was investigating reports of an unpatched flaw in
- 0x000000 # Massive SQL Injection Attack 600.000++ – I just read that F-secure found out that already 510.000 600.000++ new websites are hacked and more are being hacked while we speak. Among them the British government, United Nations and many more high target
Daily del.icio.us for April 26th through April 27th