- Martin Fowler on Software Patents – At a time when our future affluence depends so heavily on innovation, we have drifted toward a patent regime that not only fails to fulfil its justifying function, to incentivise innovation, but actively impedes innovation
- JMS Browser – Browser JMS Queues and Topics – Send, view and browse your Messages in Queues and Topics easily from a Eclipse based user interface
- Screenscraping from Java using jsoup – effective data gathering from websites « AMIS Technology blog – I came across a tool for screenscraping from Java, called jsoup – http://jsoup.org/. It turned out to be so incredibly easy to use – that I thouht I should share it.
- jscep – Java implementation of the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) – Google Project Hosting – Java implementation of the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)
- The President Surrenders on Debt Ceiling – NYTimes.com – How can American democracy work if whichever party is most prepared to be ruthless, to threaten the nation's economic security, gets to dictate policy? And the answer is, maybe it can't.
- Nick Farina – An iOS Developer Takes on Android – Recently, we released the Android version of Meridian, our platform for building location-based apps. We didn't use one of these "Cross Platform!" tools like Titanium. We wrote it, from scratch, in Java, like you do in Android.
- Idiomatic Layouts with Sencha Touch | Learn | Sencha – In this two-part series, we show how, with a single code-base, we can create an app which responds to these conventions, and which, through the use of the Sencha Touch 'application profiles' mechanism, delivers familiar user interfaces to both phone and tablet users.
Links for August 1st through August 5th