- RabbitMQ – Messaging that just works – RabbitMQ provides robust messaging for applications. It is easy to use, fit for purpose at cloud scale and supported on all major operating systems and developer platforms. RabbitMQ is open sourced under the Mozilla Public License.
- InfoQ: Spring AMQP – Matthias Radestock introduces messaging, AMQP and RabbitMQ. Mark Fisher and Mark Pollack present and demo Spring AMQP, an abstraction layer for using AMQP independently from the broker implementation.
- InfoQ: High Performance Websites in the Cloud – Matt Wood presents the most important AWS services, explaining how to scale up and out, how to extend the stack by adding extra layers such as caching or map-reduce systems, how to use, scale, and create redundant storage, and how to manage and scale out MySQL databases running on EC2.
- The Talk Show on 5by5 – The Talk Show features discussion about technology, Apple, Mac, iPhone, iPad, movies, directors, and the Web.
- Leo Laporte Builds Empire With ‘This Week in Tech’ – NYTimes.com – Balancing on a giant rubber ball in a broadcast studio and control room carved out of a cottage in Petaluma, Calif., Leo Laporte is an unlikely media mogul.
- The Top 40 iPhone Apps of 2010 – I’ve compiled what I believe to be the best apps that have come out this year.
- HTML5Labs – Home – The HTML5 Labs site is the place where Microsoft prototypes early and unstable web standard specifications from standards bodies such as the W3C
- University gives Java parallelism a boost | Developer World – InfoWorld – computer science researchers at the school have released an interactive tool, called DPJizer, to simplify writing safe parallel programs in DPJ (Deterministic Parallell Java), a Java-based modern type and effect system
- imgscalr – Java Image Scaling Library | The Buzz Media – imgscalr is an very simple and efficient “best-practices” image-scaling library implemented in pure Java.
- Martin Fowler – What if enterprise software was cheaper, faster, better AND COOL? – Yes, if you honour the Agile Development Manifesto. This means valuing people and interaction over processes and tools, working software over comprehensive documentation, collaboration over contract negotiation, responding to change over rigid plans
Daily del.icio.us for December 24th through December 27th