- Solving the Persistence Problem with Google AppEngine with SimpleDS – TheServerSide.com – SimpleDS provides a simple persistence framework for Google AppEngine that gets as little in the way as possible. It is barely a wrapper around Datastore APIs, providing mapping between Entity and Java classes
- Scribd CTO: “We Are Scrapping Flash And Betting The Company On HTML5″ (Exclusive Screenshots) – We are scrapping three years of Flash development and betting the company on HTML5 because we believe HTML5 is a dramatically better reading experience than Flash. Now any document can become a Web page.
- The real reason why Steve Jobs hates Flash – Charlie’s Diary – I've got a theory, and it's this: Steve Jobs believes he's gambling Apple's future — the future of a corporation with a market cap well over US $200Bn — on an all-or-nothing push into a new mark
- InfoQ: Using DNS for REST Web Service Discovery – Service Discovery can be easily introduced to systems of RESTful Web services by leveraging standard DNS mechanisms as specified by DNS-SD. DNS based service discovery is readily available to anyone in any system environment given the ubiquitous availability of DNS nameserver and resolver implementations.
- Lift – The Simply Functional Web Framework – Home – Lift is the only new framework in the last four years to offer fresh and innovative approaches to web development. It's not just some incremental improvements over the status quo, it redefines the state of the art
- Interview With Lift Creator – On Foursquare, Scala, and Lift 2.0 | Javalobby – With the impending release of Lift 2.0, DZone contacted David Pollak, the creator of Lift, to talk about Scala, web development, Foursquare, and what to expect in Lift 2.0
- Apple Sells One Million iPads – Apple® today announced that it sold its one millionth iPad™ on Friday, just 28 days after its introduction on April 3. iPad users have already downloaded over 12 million apps from the App Store and over 1.5 million ebooks from the new iBookstore.
- Chrome again beats Firefox in browser gain race – Computerworld – Chrome was the only browser to gain significant usage share last month, and it again trounced Firefox.
- Novell and Red Hat prevail in user-interface patent case | Open Source – InfoWorld – Two open-source-software companies successfully thwart a patent infringement case
- YouTube – President Obama and Jay Leno at White House Correspondents Dinner – President Obama and Jay Leno trade jokes at the 2010 White House Correspondents Association Dinner in Washington, D.C.
Daily del.icio.us for May 2nd through May 5th