- The Right Stuff: Breaking the PageSpeed Barrier with Bootstrap | AppNeta – After Ilya’s talk ended, I started to think more about why performance always seems to be an afterthought with developers. As I pondered this thought, I kept coming back to the following question:
How hard is it to get a perfect PageSpeed Insights score?
- Does IT Still Matter? – Jack Bauer of ’24′ Provides The Answer – Firms that view new technology as frivolous or too costly will ultimately fall victim to nimbler startups and more progressive traditional competitors. While innovative technology investments are not a ticket to market leadership, over reliance on antiquated technology is a death march to the corporate graveyard. The next time a luddite in your firm says that your outdated technology is sufficient, show them the 24 parody video (assuming your firm has broadband internet access!).
- The Log: What every software engineer should know about real-time data’s unifying abstraction – In this post, I'll walk you through everything you need to know about logs, including what is log and how to use logs for data integration, real time processing, and system building.
- The API-ization of everything – If software is eating every industry and every type of economic activity, then the force that is replacing it is actually software talking to other software. That's the API.
- CommonRegex – Common Regular Expressions Made Simple – Find all dates, times, emails, phone numbers, link, and emails in a string.
- Apache Kafka – A high-throughput distributed messaging system. – Kafka is a distributed, partitioned, replicated commit log service. It provides the functionality of a messaging system, but with a unique design.
- Amazon Kinesis – a fully managed service for real-time processing of streaming data at massive scale – With Amazon Kinesis applications, you can build real-time dashboards, capture exceptions and generate alerts, drive recommendations, and make other real-time business or operational decision
- Moonshot – When describing the process of disruptive innovation, Clay Christensen set about to also describe the process by which a technology is developed by visionaries in a commercially unsuccessful way. He called it cramming.
- Evernote for the enterprise: Huddle rolls out notes feature alongside redesigned iOS app – Like Huddle’s other offerings, Huddle Note comes with audit trails, version control, approval management, and enterprise-grade security.
- The Future of GWT Report 2013 – With over 30 pages of data, charts, stats and commentary from the most well-respected folks in the world of GWT, we'd like to think that this report is the most complete survey of the GWT community to date
Links for December 13th through December 18th