- Logstash helps you take logs and other event data from your systems and store them in a central place. – elasticsearch works seamlessly with logstash to collect, parse, index, and search logs
- SecTools.Org Top Network Security Tools – SecTools.Org: Top 125 Network Security Tools
- Become a Better Architect – The most successful IT professionals I know, regardless of title or role, are the ones that are business focused. From an enterprise architecture perspective, the technology is, at best, half of the overall architecture equation
- iPad, Surface, Kindle owners reveal their top gripes – A new report from tech Q&A site FixYa cites the biggest complaints with the latest tablets from Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon.
- "Backbreaking" OpenStack migrations hinder enterprise upgrades – OpenStack’s promise of an open-source cloud infrastructure free of vendor lock-in is big. But difficulties upgrading from one release to the next are a major kink that needs to be worked out before widespread adoption can begin.
- Scott Hanselman’s 2014 Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows – Hacker News discussion – Scott Hanselman's 2014 Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows – Hacker News discussion
- Scott Hanselman’s 2014 Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows – Scott Hanselman's 2014 Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows
- oterm is a web browser unix terminal – oterm is a web browser unix terminal. It serves a console so you can access your server from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet connection. It effectively is an xterm in a browser.
- Enterprise App Developer Atlas – An interactive map of the developer journey, helping developers make the right tool choices to reduce costs, increase revenue and capture new markets.
Links for December 19th through December 21st