- Open source industry veteran Matt Asay joins Canonical as chief operating officer | Ubuntu – Canonical Ltd., the commercial sponsor of Ubuntu, announced today that open source industry veteran Matt Asay has joined the company as chief operating officer
- iSpectrum: Java for iPhone – FlexyCore is pleased to introduce iSpectrum to the Java community. Develop and debug your iPhone native application in Java under Eclipse IDE or port your existing applications or libraries to iPhone market. Enjoy!
- 5 Ways of effectively using Firebug to edit HTML, CSS – In this article, I’m sharing few of my tips and tricks to use Firebug effectively to speed up your web development.
- InfoQ: SOA as an Architectural Pattern: Best Practices in Software Architecture – Booch attempts to bring more clarity to some basic concepts: enterprise, patterns, frameworks, architecture, SOA, development, architecture lifecycle, best practices, what they are and what the aren’t, emphasizing the role and importance of patterns.
- Op-Ed Contributor – Microsofts Creative Destruction – NYTimes.com – Internal competition is common at great companies. It can be wisely encouraged to force ideas to compete. The problem comes when the competition becomes uncontrolled and destructive. At Microsoft, it has created a dysfunctional corporate culture in which the big established groups are allowed to prey upon emerging teams, belittle their efforts, compete unfairly against them for resources, and over time hector them out of existence
- Twitter / Jonathan Schwartz: Today’s my last day at Sun … – Today's my last day at Sun. I'll miss it. Seems only fitting to end on a #haiku
- Make Your Web Site ‘Groovy’ – Forbes.com – For a company with a heavy investment in Java, Groovy should be a no-brainer. If you are starting out on an advanced Web site project, you should make a decision between PHP and Groovy
- Monitoring Tomcat with Java VisualVM – Matt Woodward’s posterous – One of the best kept secrets that's bundled with your Java 6 JDK is VisualVM. VisualVM is an absolutely fantastic, free monitoring tool for Java that you may not realize is right under your nose.
- Mockups To Go – A user-contributed collection of ready-to-use UI components and design patterns built using Balsamiq Mockups. – “Mockups To Go” (www.mockupstogo.net) is a user-contributed collection of ready-to-use UI components and design patterns built using Balsamiq Mockups.
- Facebook Developers | HipHop for PHP: Move Fast – HipHop for PHP isn't technically a compiler itself. Rather it is a source code transformer. HipHop programmatically transforms your PHP source code into highly optimized C++ and then uses g++ to compile it.
Daily del.icio.us for February 2nd through February 5th