- Ahead Of IPO, Brightcove Launches A Whole New Business Making Apps – Brightcove's new "App Cloud" business is basically an app-building platform for companies that want mobile, tablet, and mobile web apps, but don't necessarily want to hire and manage an expensive developer team
- AirPlay for Windows Media Center – Beta 1 « Thomas Pleasance – AirPlay for Windows Media Center – Beta 1
- InfoQ: Gartner: Out of Necessity, Enterprise Architecture Begins to Align Closer with Business – Multiple factors have contributed to the acceleration towards a more business-integrated EA team. Gartner cites the business’s increased capability to make independent technology decisions, management pressure on EA teams to deliver tangible business value, and the growing CIO opinion that IT strategies should align with business priorities.
- The Age of Software was fun. Welcome to the Age of Data. – tecosystems – Software support and services alone hasn’t produced a Top 20 revenue earner in over two decades, and doesn’t appear poised to anytime soon.
The Age of Software was fun. Welcome to the Age of Data.
- The Architecture of Open Source Applications: The NoSQL Ecosystem – The NoSQL ecosystem is still in its infancy, and many of the systems we've discussed will change architectures, designs, and interfaces. The important takeaways in this chapter are not what each NoSQL system currently does, but rather the design decisions that led to a combination of features that make up these systems
- Sencha Touch Customer Spotlight: Vimeo | Blog | Sencha – Sencha Touch gave us the benefits of native app-like performance and user interface but without the limitations of slower development time..
- The Infinite Version – Somehow, we have to be able to automatically update software while it is running without interrupting the user at all.
Links for May 23rd through May 24th