- Netik Launches vMobile for Data Management – Wall Street & Technology – Emphasizing security and entitlement, vMobile positions Netik to extend the reach of its data management solutions to iPads, Androids and Blackberry Playbook devices.
- F5 Announces SPDY Support for BigIP – Blogging Techstacks – Today, F5 announced that support for SPDY was going to be available in version 11.2 of the BigIP OS, when it ships later this year although I don't know if this will be built into the base system or if it will ship as an add-on module.
- InfoQ: New Rules for Good UI Design: Rules, Tips and Tricks for Designing an Enjoyable Software Experience – Joe Nuxoll provides rules, tips and tricks for creating a great user interface that can improve the user experience.
- Gmvault Gmail Backup: Backup and restore your gmail account at will. Liberate your emails and never lose that part of your life. – Gmvault Gmail Backup: Backup and restore your gmail account at will. Liberate your emails and never lose that part of your life.
- New Git Homepage with easy link to download, documents, free hosted version of Pro Git book plus goodies – New Git Homepage with easy link to download, documents, free hosted version of Pro Git book plus goodies
- Evernote acquires iPad app Penultimate @tonywkim – Evernote has acquired Penultimate, and I’ll be joining Evernote to help bring their significant resources to bear on making Penultimate better, faster. You’ll also start seeing Penultimate (finally!) on other devices, and we’ll be bringing great handwriting into other parts of Evernote.
- Spring MVC 3.2 Preview: Introducing Servlet 3, Async Support | SpringSource Team Blog – Spring MVC 3.2 M1 will introduce asynchronous request processing support based on Servlet 3.0. This is the first of several blog posts covering the new feature, providing along the way sufficient background and context to understand how and why you might want to take advantage of it.
- The frequent fliers who flew too much – latimes.com – Many years after selling lifetime passes for unlimited first-class travel, American Airlines began scrutinizing the costs — and the customers.
- Sencha GXT 2.x to 3.0 Migration Guide – Sencha GXT 3.0 is the next generation of the components and tools that, in conjunction with the GWT compiler and runtime, make it possible to build large scale maintainable browser-based web applications. As part of this new release, we've made a number of changes from GXT 2.x, with several main goals in mind:
- REST API Tutorial and Best Practices – Presently, there aren't a lot of REST API guides to help the lonely developer. RestApiTutorial.com is dedicated to tracking REST API best practices and making resources available to enable quick reference and self education for the development crafts-person. We'll discuss both the art and science of creating REST Web services.
Links for May 5th through May 10th