- InfoQ: Using DRY: Between Code Duplication and High-Coupling – DRY is an important principle, but abusing it can generate problems such as increased coupling and reduced readability. The lesson here is that no matter how great a principle is, it should not be used disregarding other good programming practices.
- Three Laws of Good Software Architecture | Javalobby – The issue with architectural decisions is that they effect the whole system and/or you often need to make them early in the development process. It means a lot effort if you change that decision a couple of months later. From an economic standpoint architectural decisions are often irrevocable. Good architecture is one that allows an architect to make late decisions without superior effect on efforts and costs. Let's put that on record.
- OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space – Analysis and resolution approach – Java Code Geeks – java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap problem is one of the most complex problems you can face when supporting or developing complex Java EE applications. This short article will provide you with a description of this JVM HotSpot OutOfMemoryError error message and how you should attack this problem until its resolution.
- Bottle: Python Web Framework – A fast, simple and lightweight WSGI micro web-framework for Python. – Bottle is a fast, simple and lightweight WSGI micro web-framework for Python.
- Thymeleaf: java XML/XHTML/HTML5 template engine – Thymeleaf is an XML/XHTML/HTML5 template engine for Java aimed at creating elegant web code while adding powerful features and retaining prototyping abilities
- Simple Offline Data Synchronization for Mobile Web and PhoneGap Applications – In this article, I describe a simple data synchronization strategy that uses the device’s (or browser’s) SQLite database. The implementation currently leverages the Web SQL API (even though the W3C is no longer actively maintaining the spec) because both iOS and Android support it, but they don’t support IndexedDB, the official alternative
- InfoQ: Andrew Watson On The State of OMG, UML, CORBA, DDS – Andrew Watson talks about the work of the OMG, where CORBA is alive and well (hint: in your car), UML and UML Profiles vs. custom Modeling languages, DDS and other middleware, and much more.
- InfoQ: Cloud Foundry: Design and Architecture – Derek Collison discusses the goals, the design premises and patterns employed in creating the architecture of Cloud Foundry, VMware’s open source PaaS, unveiling internal architectural details.
- Discover Music with Sencha Touch 2! | Blog | Sencha – Today, we are excited to announce the launch of another fine Sencha Touch 2.0 example application, Discover Music, which was designed and created by Modus Create, a Sencha partner.
Links for May 25th through May 26th