- Fareed Zakaria – Obama’s CEO problem — and ours – The Federal Reserve recently reported that America's 500 largest nonfinancial companies have accumulated an astonishing $1.8 trillion of cash on their balance sheets
- Data URIs make CSS sprites obsolete | NCZOnline – CSS sprites were a solution to the problem of multiple HTTP requests to download multiple images. Data URIs allow you to embed images directly into your CSS files, solving the same problem in a much more elegant and maintainable way
- iPad not eating Mac sales, says analyst – Apple 2.0 – Fortune Tech – In other words, the lack of a camera or keyboard on the iPad gives customers a reason to keep buying Macs.
- Relax, Java is still #1 | JavaWorld’s Daily Brew – Java is still the number one most popular programming language, according to the most recent TIOBE survey.
- Andy Grove: How America Can Create Jobs – BusinessWeek – The former Intel chief says "job-centric" leadership and incentives are needed to expand U.S. domestic employment again
- Java Code Geeks: GWT 2 Spring 3 JPA 2 Hibernate 3.5 Tutorial – Eclipse and Maven 2 showcase – This step by step guide will present how to develop a simple web application using Google's Web Toolkit (GWT) for the rich client and Spring as the back – end, server side framework
- A Youthful Market Spurns the Wares of Microsoft – NYTimes.com – In particular, the Kin debacle is a reflection of Microsoft’s struggle to deliver what the younger generation of technology-obsessed consumers wants. From hand-held products to business software, Microsoft seems behind the times
- "1945-1998" by Isao Hashimoto (Multimedia artwork) – "2053" – This is the number of nuclear explosions conducted in various parts of the globe.*
- CollabNet Subversion Edge 1.0 Beta – Subversion Edge includes Apache's web server and the ViewVC repository view, which lets you manage your directory through a browser
- Using the Java VisualVM to optimize your Java Applications – Java VisualVM is a tool that provides a visual interface for viewing detailed information about Java applications while they are running on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and for troubleshooting and profiling these applications.
- Confluence 3.3 Sneak Peek – Confluence Product Blog – Confluence 3.3 is just around the corner. Since the the last release, we've been working really hard on making it even faster to build content rich wiki pages using the Rich Text Editor
- GWT 2.1 Milestone 2 is now available – With the release of GWT 2.1 M2, we’re continuing to evolve the integration between Google and VMware that was announced at this year’s Google I/O
- GWT 2.0.4 is now available – There were several reports, both internally and externally, of GWT-based applications unexpectedly crashing when running in Safari 5 (including Google Wave)
- Monet’s Canvas Cathedrals: A Life Study Of Light : NPR – The impressionists broke all the formal academic rules — they used quick brush strokes, changed perspective, made their shadows out of color, not black. And it all started with a young painter, sitting by the water's edge in Le Havre.
- Full Nelson: Behind Cisco’s Tablet Surprise — Cisco Tablet — InformationWeek – The Cisco Cius, an Android-based tablet will push everything Cisco believes in one step further. It will make presence and collaboration and video more mobile, more accessible, and more sexy.
Daily del.icio.us for July 2nd through July 6th