- The 90th percentile: MyFaces: The emperor has no clothes – My last project is going into production in a couple of weeks, and it has been implemented using JSF. I started with JSF in good faith: it should be stable by now, it is blessed by Sun and included as the de facto web framework in JEE 5.
- James Ward’s Blog » Blog Archive » My Recent Flex & Apollo Adventures – A while back Bruce Eckel and I recorded a screencast of us building a Flex application with Hibernate and XFire on the backend. I finally got around to packaging the code for that demo. You can get it from SourceForge.
- Dynamic languages: More than just a quick fix | InfoWorld | Analysis | 2007-04-16 | By Andrew Binstock – IT’s rise to prominence as a core competence that delivers competitive advantage has been accompanied by a dramatic increase in the number of software development projects it must complete
- Translation From PR-Speak to English of Selected Portions of Rails Developer David Heinemeier Hansson?s Response to Alex Payne?s Interview [dive into mark] – LAUGH OUT LOUD funny take from Mark Pilgrim, John Gruber style. 🙂
- WordPress Performance: Why My Site Is So Much Faster Than Yours by Elliott Back – There?s no good reason for WordPress or your site to be slow, except your own negligence. Cache everything. Monitor performance
- Tim Sneath : Introducing Microsoft Silverlight – Silverlight (previously codenamed "WPF/E") is a lightweight subset of XAML for building rich media experiences on the web.
- Java Community News – BEA Releases JRockit R27.2 with Java 6 Support – BEA’s latest JVM release, JRockit R27.2, is the first implementation of the Java 6 VM. In addition to providing full Java 6 support, the latest JRockit VM includes many-fold performance improvements, especially for applications with short-lived objects.
- Enomalism : XEN Virtualized Server Management Console: Amazon EC2 Migration – The Enomalism Elastic migration module is a migration tool kit for the management and migration of virtual images between your local xen based enomalism environment and the remote Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Environment.
- Everybody Hates Don Imus – Frank Rich’s brilliant column – Even in that short span, there?s been an astounding display of hypocrisy, sanctimony and self-congratulation from nearly every side of the debate
- Dev2Dev Online: Open Source and BEA – BEA believes in open source. We believe a blended strategy for application development and deployment?combining the best of open source and commercial software?provides important freedom and flexibility not available through all-or-nothing approaches
- Web Worker Daily » Blog Archive Web Worker Emergency Survival Kit « – Over the years, I?ve accumulated a variety of tools that don?t take up much space but that come in handy when an emergency comes along. On the average day, I don?t need any of these – but when I do, I?m happy to have them. Here are my suggestions
I though Jonathan Schwartz would finally take the company in the right direction after they jettisoned that moron Scott McNealy but seems like nothing has really changed at Sun.
As always, these are just my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of anyone else.