- Agile Architecture : Software & Technology @kirkk.com – Agile practices play a critical role in agile architecture. Test-driven development lends you the courage to undergo architectural evolution. Continuous integration accommodates architectural shifts by ensuring issues encountered while refactoring are identified and corrected quickly. Supplementing your up-front design approach with an emergent strategy emphasizing spikes or proofs helps verify the architectural vision.
- Googleplex in 200 Seconds – Quick tour of Googleplex, Google's Mountain View headquarters
- Fresh Update: IntelliJ IDEA 8.1.1 | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – We’ve just released the fresh IntelliJ IDEA update version 8.1.1 You’re welcome to see what has been fixed and grab the fresh update off the shelf.
- Ext JS – Ext JS 3.0 RC1.1 Released – There are many enhancements in Ext JS 3.0, too many to include in a single post. Some of the major features in Ext JS 3.0 are the splitting of Ext Core and Ext JS, Charting for visualizations, additional User Interface improvements, CRUD-like support with Ext.data.DataWriter, Remoting using Ext.Direct, CSS enhancements to make theming easier, and Accessibility improvements – Section 508 and ARIA support. We also fixed several browser issues for the latest Chrome and Safari releases and added IE8 support.
- If You Tweet It, They Will Come – Pogue’s Posts Blog – NYTimes.com – First, something about Twitter creates trust and togetherness; some of my actors drove over an hour to a place they’d never been, responding to a 140-character request from a person they’d never met. No other technology, online or off, would have resolved my quest so satisfactorily.
- Ubuntu on Amazon Web Services | Ubuntu – Ubuntu Server Edition on Amazon gives you the power of Ubuntu combined with the flexibility of Amazon's cloud computing service. Ubuntu's modularity, virtualization capabilities, range of applications and optimised performance make it the perfect solution if you're deploying applications on Amazon's Elastic Computing (EC2) cloud.
- A new JDBC Driver for SQL Server – Microsoft SQL Server today announced the general availability of the JDBC v2.0 driver has been released. This release continues Microsoft's commitment to the Java community and non-Microsoft centric programming platforms. The driver can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/jdbc.
- Anthropology: The Art of Building a Successful Social Site – ReadWriteWeb – Picture if you will, a collaborative site that runs on two servers, is managed by four people, and has attracted a third of its target demographic within six months of launch
- Wade scores 41 as Heat slam Hawks to set up Game Seven | Sports | Reuters – Dwyane Wade scored 41 points to lead the Miami Heat to a 98-72 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Friday and force a deciding Game Seven in their Eastern Conference playoff series
- Google Code Blog: Gmail for mobile HTML5 Series: Using AppCache to Launch Offline – Part 1 – On April 7th, Google launched a new version of Gmail for mobile for iPhone and Android-powered devices built on HTML5. We shared the behind-the-scenes story through this blog and would like to share more of our learnings in a brief series of follow up blog posts.
Daily del.icio.us for May 2nd through May 7th