- Java Native Access – JNA provides Java programs easy access to native shared libraries without JNI – JNA provides Java programs easy access to native shared libraries (DLLs on Windows) without writing anything but Java code—no JNI or native code is required. JNA allows you to call directly into native functions using natural Java method invocation. The Java call looks just like it does in native code.
- The Little Book on CoffeeScript – This book is designed to help you learn CoffeeScript, understand best practices and start building awesome client side applications. The book is little, only five chapters, but that's rather apt as CoffeeScript is a little language too.
- Writing a Sencha Touch Application, Part 2 – In the first part of this Sencha Touch tutorial we started building an app that allows its user to take notes and store them on the device. Having created the foundation of the application we are in the process of building the Notes List view, which at this point looks like this:
- The 3 most undervalued tech stocks: Google, Apple, IBM – Apple 2.0 – Fortune Tech – The 3 most undervalued tech stocks: Google, Apple, IBM. By the same "PEG" measure, the 3 most overvalued are Amazon, Cisco and Netflix
- Hibernate OGM: birth announcement – Hibernate OGM stands for Object Grid Mapping and its goal is to offer a full-fledged JPA engine storing data into NoSQL stores
- Why the future of IT rests on one person – A lot of those practices will be single-actor practices — practices organized so that one employee, supported by technology, can do whatever needs to get done
- A Django setup using Nginx and Gunicorn « Senko’s Blog – This is a howto on setting up Django on a Linux (Ubuntu) system using Nginx as a reverse proxy and Gunicorn as a Django service.
- Chart.io – Google Analytics for Your Database – Chart.io is Google Analytics for your database. We help you make sense of all the data you collect everyday. Chart.io quickly hooks up to your database and lets you create real time charts of the metrics you care about
- Git and Subversion – Living together – There are many people who want to use Git, but are forced to stick with Subversion for various reasons. Git-svn gives us the opportunity to migrate away from Subversion, but setting up a two-way sync is less than trivial.
- Sencha Touch enabled us to maximize our development efforts and deliver a superior mobile experience – Sencha Touch has been a joy to work with. It’s enabled us to maximize our development efforts and deliver a superior mobile experience. It’s a complete framework and a massive head start for anyone wanting to build a rich mobile web application. We believe Sencha Touch is the first mobile web framework that is a serious alternative to native apps. We highly recommend it.
Links for June 17th through June 20th