- Springfuse Quickstart – Generate Spring MVC3, JQuery, JPA CRUD application – Springfuse reverses your database structure and generates top-quality source code that you can use immediately as the foundation of your web application.
- Spring 3.1.M1 @Cacheable Doesn’t Evict – A Workaround – davidsalter.co.uk – Spring 3.1 introduces a new feature to allow methods to be cached and evicted thus allowing resource heavy methods to be avoided where possible. Caching is enabled via the new @Cacheable and @CacheEvict annotations
- Security Expert: Sony Knew Its Software Was Obsolete Months Before PSN Breach – The Consumerist – Sony was using outdated versions of the Apache Web server software, which "was unpatched and had no firewall installed." The issue was "reported in an open forum monitored by Sony employees" two to three months prior to the recent security breaches
- The Pragmatic Bookshelf – Uncomfortable with Agile by Andy Hunt who wants you to be uncomfortable. – Time to wake up! Time to shake things up. Refactor your process. Refactor your code. Refactor your customers. Refactor your priorities. If you find yourself going through your project on automatic, without thinking about what you're doing, then you aren’t thinking. You might want to look to that first.
- Using MongoDB, Redis, Node.js, and Spring MVC in a single Cloud Foundry Application | SpringSource Team Blog – Using MongoDB, Redis, Node.js, and Spring MVC in a single Cloud Foundry applications
- HBase Do’s and Don’ts | Apache Hadoop for the Enterprise | Cloudera – The impetus for my talk and this follow up blog post is to clarify some of the good applications for HBase, warn against some poor applications and highlight important steps to a successful HBase deployment.
- Google Web Toolkit Blog: GWT and the Google Plugin for Eclipse 2.3: Final Release Now Available! – Today we’re happy to announce that the final releases of GWT and the Google Plugin for Eclipse (GPE) are now available
- Ext GWT 3.0 XTemplate Redesign | Blog | Sencha – In summary, the new XTemplate design is a much improved design over the previous XTemplate. We are leveraging GWT Deferred Binding to provide a GWT like solution.
- Ten Years of Innovation Highlighted in One Night – So this morning I'm grateful for the innovators pushing forward technologies that bring us together and enable us to share these human experiences. And, I can’t help but be hopeful for what the next 10 years will bring.
Links for May 3rd through May 5th