- Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle – Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle
- I’m using Git because it makes me feel cool | unethical blogger – As 2007 became 2008 the writing was on the wall, Git was our new bicycle. It had been blessed by Saint Torvalds and clearly we needed to get in on the ground floor of the new cool before it became mainstream.
We needed to switch to Git immediately. Who cares if Git is extremely fast, it's not like time is money or something ridiculous like that
- Why Git is Better Than X – This site is here because I seem to be spending a lot of time lately defending Gitsters against charges of fanboyism, bandwagonism and koolaid-thirst. So, here is why people are switching to Git from X, and why you should too. Just click on a reason to view it.
- Microsoft Readies Cost-Cuts; Though Massive Layoff Unlikely – NBCBAYAREA- msnbc.com – Microsoft will embark on a significant cost-cutting initiative in 2009, which might begin as early as this month, to offset a global slowdown in sales. However, sources tell Jim Goldman of CNBC, the cuts will largely be handled through attrition and the non-renewal of contract employees, rather than through a rumored, sweeping layoff.
- Google Launches ‘The Google’ For Older Adults | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source – The popular search engine Google announced plans Friday to launch a new site, TheGoogle.com, to appeal to older adults not able to navigate the original website's single text field and two clearly marked buttons.
- Main – browsersec – Google Code – Browser Security Handbook landing page – This document is meant to provide web application developers, browser engineers, and information security researchers with a one-stop reference to key security properties of contemporary web browsers. Insufficient understanding of these often poorly-documented characteristics is a major contributing factor to the prevalence of several classes of security vulnerabilities.
- With 2008, Let’s Say Good-bye to Mediocrity – It is our acquiescence that has led to the spread of this culture of mediocrity. We accept dropped phone calls on our wireless networks, computers that constantly crash, broadband networks that are best effort.
- Audiolizer Puts Your iTunes Library In The Cloud, But Lala Does It Better – Audiolizer is a new music streaming service that lets you put your iTunes library in the cloud. After uploading your iTunes Library database file, the site will automatically compile a list of links to every song, allowing you to access your favorite music when you’re away from your home computer. Users can also manually search for individual songs.
Daily del.icio.us for December 31st through January 4th