- Spring 3 Type Conversion and Validation | SpringSource Team Blog – This entry has covered some of the new Spring 3 type conversion and validation features. To learn more, including how to implement your own type converters, checkout the Spring 3 Reference Guide.
- 10 things about Microsoft’s PDC 2009: The good, the bad and the ugly | Betanews – Microsoft's 2009 developer conference wrapped up yesterday in Los Angeles. Not since PDC 2003 has Microsoft talked so much and said so little
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- InfoQ: Christophe Coenraets Discusses Flex, AIR, Catalyst and LCDS – Christophe Coenraets discusses Adobe Catalyst, the developer-designer interaction, Flex 4.0, AIR 2.0, Livecycle Data Services (LCDS) 3.0, the Flex 4 component model, model-driven development, and Flex/Flash Builder 4.0.
- Componentix blog – Improved Hibernate dialect for Microsoft SQL Server – So I decided to develop customized Hibernate dialect for MS SQL Server. To do this, I started digging the source code of Hibernate (the dialect classes to be precise), and soon I found out that Hibernate’s SQLServerDialect extends from SybaseDialect, which is responsible for most of the “sins” outlined in the paragraph above
- Could soapUI be the way to mock complex webservices? | Transient Technology – I have been looking for a good way to mock a complex web-service for integration testing. The idea being to simulate responses intelligently and be able to test a round trip without the actual service. Full integration tests are not possible for various reasons, so this might be the next best thing.
- Great Java – O’Reilly Media – Great Java: Level 1 will teach you the fundamentals of Java, from the basics of compilation through methods, objects, and the key concepts of good programming. By the time you're through these lessons, you'll be programming, and programming well.
- Op-Ed Columnist – Paranoia Strikes Deep – NYTimes.com – The point is that the takeover of the Republican Party by the irrational right is no laughing matter. Something unprecedented is happening here — and it’s very bad for America
- RIM Teams With Adobe, Shows New Blackberry Features – BusinessWeek – The companies will announce today that Adobe and RIM are expanding their existing collaboration, saying the software developers will be able to use Adobe’s Flash — the technology behind such sites as Google’s YouTube and numerous other video sites on the Web — in their applications
- JOFC2 – Java API for Open Flash Chart 2 – This project provides a Java library for utilizing Open Flash Chart 2
Daily del.icio.us for November 8th through November 22nd