- Stevey’s Blog Rants: Wikileaks To Leak 5000 Open Source Java Projects With All That Private/Final Bullshit Removed – Java programmers around the globe are in a panic today over a Wikileaks press release issued at 8:15am GMT. Wikileaks announced that they will re-release the source code for thousands of Open Source Java projects, making all access modifiers 'public' and all classes and members non-'final'.
- Adobe buys Day Software for $240 million; Bolsters enterprise lineup | ZDNet – Adobe said Wednesday that it has acquired Day Software, which makes enterprise content management software, for $240 million
- Spring MVC 3 Showcase | SpringSource Team Blog – The first showcase I've put together is for Spring MVC 3, our web framework. It includes a sample project, along with a supporting slide presentation and screencast. After digging in, you should have a good understanding of what Spring MVC can do and get a feel for how easy it is to use.
- Why the Facebook-Amazon.com integration is bigger than you think | VentureBeat – Facebook and Amazon.com partnered Tuesday in what could be one of the social network’s most important integrations yet. Amazon.com now offers a personalized page, where consumers can see product recommendations influenced by friends and their own tastes.
- Exemption Will Allow ‘Jailbreaking’ of iPhones – NYTimes.com – The Library of Congress, which has the power to define exceptions to an important copyright law, said on Monday that it was legal to bypass a phone’s controls on what software it will run to get “lawfully obtained” programs to work.
- American railways: High-speed railroading | The Economist – America’s system of rail freight is the world’s best. High-speed passenger trains could ruin it
- Robert Reich (The Great Decoupling of Corporate Profits from Jobs) – Bottom line: Higher corporate profits no longer lead to higher employment. We’re witnessing a great decoupling of company profits from jobs.
- That Story Saying That Only 20% Of Android Owners Will Buy Another One — It’s Not True – Indeed, a Nielsen survey from June says "80% of iPhone users want their next device to run iPhone OS while 70% of Android users want another Android device."
- U.S. Government to Explicitly Allow iPhone Jailbreaking [Updated] – Mac Rumors – The Associated Press briefly reports that the U.S. government has defined new rules that will permit users to "jailbreak" their iPhone and skirt Apple's App Store ecosystem to add unapproved third-party applications
- SVG with a little help from Raphaël – SVG has been a maturing technology for several years. Now, with the support of all the major browser manufacturers (including IE9), it’s at a tipping point.
- Jmeter: Statistics Aggregate Report « .. Library of WONDERS .. – I found this interesting Jmeter plugin that would make your Jmeter reporting more effective.<br />
To enhance your graph and reports with Jmeter, here’s a listener plugin that you could add in your distribution file.
- Roadmap Open Graph API – Facebook Developer Wiki – The Open Graph API will allow any page on the Web to have all the features of a Facebook Page – users will be able to become a Fan of the page, it will show up on that user’s profile and in search results, and that page will be able to publish stories to the stream of its fans
- szczepiq / Sweetest / wiki / Home — bitbucket.org – …is an acceptance testing anti-framework. The name should remind you how important is to write sweet tests (e.g. readable & maintainable). Anti-framework because there is no API you have to learn.
- The Hibernate Profiler – Hibernate Profiler is a real-time visual debugger allowing a development team to gain valuable insight and perspective into their usage of Hibernate
- Eric Hauser’s Blog » Blog Archive » Hibernate Profiler: JDBC Parameters – I’ve just finished a new feature for the Hibernate Profiler to allow to logging of JDBC parameters.
- Vinny Carpenter – Life Stream – Flavors.me allows anyone to create an elegant website using personal content from around the internet. Here's mine
- Flavors.me : Create Your Free Personal Website Without Knowing HTML/CSS – After playing around with Flavors.me, I am not hesitate to say that it’s quite an impressive service and shows a loads of promise. I really like the user interface, design panel and pre-loaded themes and color pallattes
- ning’s async-http-client at master – GitHub – Async Http Client library purpose is to allow Java applications to easily execute HTTP requests and asynchronously <br />
process the HTTP responses.
- Apple approaches $200 billion – Apple 2.0 – Fortune Brainstorm Tech – Apple would have to hit $276 a share for its market cap to get past what Microsoft's (MSFT) is today.
- smartgwt – Smart GWT – GWT API’s for SmartClient – Smart GWT is a GWT based framework that allows you to not only utilize its comprehensive widget library for your application UI, but also tie these widgets in with your server-side for data management