- State of the Art – With a Private MiFi Hot Spot, Be Online Wherever You Like – NYTimes.com – When you turn on your MiFi and wait 30 seconds, it provides a personal, portable, powerful, password-protected wireless hot spot.
- Wolfram|Alpha Blog : The Computers Powering Computable Knowledge – Two supercomputers, just about 10,000 processor cores, hundreds of terabytes of disks, a heck of a lot of bandwidth, and what seems like enough air conditioning for the Sahara to host a ski resort
- A World of Cables, Unknotted – The New York Times > Personal Tech > Slide Show – Cables are important, but they should not be expensive. To help untangle some of the confusion, here is a simple, somewhat opinionated taxonomy of most of the cables that we deal with in our lives. It’s completely up to date — until the tech industry adds another confusing format to the pile.
- Best Practices for building JSON REST Web Services « Building Feedly – A few of our friends have been asking us what are some of the best practices we learnt over the last two years designing and implementing RESTful Web Services as the back-end of the feedly service. Here is a quick/high level brain dump:
- OpenSSO Fedlet – ‘Best Innovation’ Award Winner at the European Identity Conference – In the category "Best innovation", the award went to the OpenSSO initative, founded and supported by Sun Microsystems. Their project, OpenSSO Fedlet has provided a lean solution for the Identity Federation
- Microsoft to Raise $3.75 Billion in Inaugural Bond Offering – Bloomberg.com – Microsoft Corp., the world’s largest software maker, plans to sell $3.75 billion of debt in its first bond offering, taking advantage of its top credit ratings to help fund a share buyback and technology investments.
- Judd Solutions: The Ultimate Enterprise Java Build Solution – Ultimate would be to add a server running TeamCity for the 'remote run' and 'pre-tested commit' features (as Developer assistant, and continuous compilation server it is a great add-on for a CI system)
- Sonar – Code quality management platform – Sonar enables to collect, analyze and report metrics on source code. Sonar not only offers consolidated reporting on and across projects throughout time, but it becomes the central place to manage code quality
- Common Java Cookbook – If you want to learn how to combine common open-source Java utilities to create powerful Java applications and tools, the Common Java Cookbook is for you.
Daily del.icio.us for May 9th through May 14th