- VMware Go a Free Server Virtualization Option | Architects Zone – VMware just released VMware Go, a free service for managing the VMware ESXi embedded hypervisors (including ESX Server 3i, ESXi 3.5, and ESXi 4.0), which are also free.
- Google upgrades to EXT4 FileSystem – Google’s decision to deploy Ext4 is a strong endorsement of the filesystem’s reliability and affirms its suitability for enterprise adoption, this could cause a revolution and accelerated adoption throughout the industry
- Struts 2 Tutorial: Struts 2 Validation Framework Tutorial with Example | Javalobby – In this article we will learn how to leverage Struts2 Validation Framework in an application. For this we will use StrutsHelloWorld application which we created in previous article as base and starts adding validation logic to it.
- Java 6 Update 18: Now With Windows 7 Support | Javalobby – Java 6 Update 18 is now available for download. One of the main features of this release is the inclusion of support for Windows 7. Along with an impressive list of bug fixes, the update includes performance improvements, an update to JavaDB and the inclusion of the latest version of the Java profiling tool, VisualV
- InfoQ: Google Collections 1.0 Offers Enhanced Implementations of the Java Collections Framework – The Google Collections Library also offers new utility implementations and a focused set of libraries concerned with concurrency, including immutable collection implementations
- OSCache – OSCache – CacheFilter – OSCache comes with a servlet filter that enables you to transparently cache entire pages of your website, and even binary files. Caching of binary files is extremely useful when they are generated dynamically, e.g. PDF files or images.
- Eyal Lupu Java Blog >> Embedding and Initializing Databases in Spring 3.0 – I noticed a small, but useful, new feature in Spring 3.0: support for embedding and initializing databases using the application context. Using this support one can configure embedded database engine as part of the application context and use it just as another bean
- Grails – 1.2 Release Notes – Grails 1.2 has been released with new features like Dependency Resolution DSL, Named Query Support, Improved Performance & Memory Consumption, Named URL Mappings, Refactored Testing Infrastructure, Pluggable Web Containers
- Why Did Google Build a Phone and a Browser? Design By Gravity – Google isn’t so much interested in selling the best phone, or providing the best browser. Google is intent in raising the average in areas it thinks are key to its future.
Daily del.icio.us for January 13th through January 16th