- Microsoft takes dead aim at WordPress… | Ed Bott’s Windows Expertise | – This new release from Microsoft sounds promising. Based on the description and feature list, it’s a direct competitor for WordPress:
- Adobe Collaborates with SpringSource for Enhanced Flex / Spring Integration : Christophe Coenraets – Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced that it is working with SpringSource to simplify the development and deployment of rich enterprise Java(TM) applications through a collaboration that will provide integration between the Adobe(R) Flash(R) and SpringSource platforms
- Appcelerator Titanium puts more Web apps on your desktop | Webware – CNET – The line between Web and desktop apps is getting fuzzier Tuesday, with the preview release of Appcelerator Titanium, platform designed to turn Web app developers into desktop and mobile phone developers.
- Developing iPhone Applications using Java | Java™ Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – In this presentation we introduce an Open Source Java-to-Objective-C cross-compiler as well as a Java-based implementation of the Cocoa library. With the help of these tools, iPhone applications can be written in pure Java.
- Haus News – XStream 1.3.1 released – The XStream development team would like to announce the new XStream maintenance version 1.3.1. XStream is a simple library to serialize objects to XML and back again.
The release contains some bug fixes, some minor enhancements and support of new JDKs
- Let’s talk about Python 3.0 – Python 3.0 is and was developed to be a practical language. The changes which break compatibility with Python 2.x are in many ways small and may seem insignificant at first glance, but small changes have big effects, and a cleaned-up, less-soul-tarnishing Python is, in my opinion, a goal which justifies a few breaks between major versions.
- Marketplace Whiteboard – explaining the financial crisis » Lab49 Blog – Series of videos that explain various financial concepts (such as asset-backed securities, margin calls, CDO’s, etc) as well as aspects of the financial crisis (such as “fallout”, CDS problems, and the credit crisis) in simple terms
- Using the SQLite Database Access API in AIR… Part 3: Annotation-Based ORM Framework : Christophe Coenraets – In this third version, we use a mini Object Relational Mapping (ORM) framework that leverages the Flex support for class annotations to entirely eliminate manually-written SQL statements
- Devices for Developers – Android – The Android Dev Phone 1 is a SIM-unlocked and hardware-unlocked device that is designed for advanced developers. The device ships with a system image that is fully compatible with Android 1.0, so you can rely on it when developing your applications. You can use any SIM in the device and can flash custom Android builds that will work with the unlocked bootloader
Daily del.icio.us for December 6th through December 9th