- Multiverse : Software Transactional Memory for Java – Multiverse is a Software Transansactional Memory implementation and meant as an alternative to traditional lock based concurrency
- John Nack on Adobe : Adobe demos Flash-to-HTML5 conversion tool – Adobe lives or dies by its ability to help customers solve real problems. That means putting pragmatism ahead of ideology
- Sencha – Sencha Animator – Create CSS3 Animations with Ease – Introducing Sencha Animator, a powerful desktop application to create awesome CSS3 animations for WebKit browsers and touchscreen mobile devices.
- 15 Killer Google Chrome Features You Might Not Know About – Chrome has a lot of obscure features which could immensely enhance one’s browsing productivity if he were to know about them. This post intends to do reveal exactly those features.
- InfoQ: Functional Design Patterns – Aino Vonge Corry reviews a number of well known design patterns showing that their implementation is simpler in functional languages because such languages have pattern-based constructs.
- Hadoop + HBase + Cygwin + Windows 7 x64 « alan said – In this post I will describe how to get a Hadoop environment with HBase running in Cygwin on Windows 7 x64. Having spent the better part of a week reading through blog posts and documentation, I found that none of them covered the process in full detail, at least not for the software versions I intended to use.
- Tutorial: Creating a Stock Watcher with GWT Designer (UPDATED) « Giant Flying Saucer – Obviously with a powerful tool like the GWT Designer I cannot show off all the bells and whistles in one tutorial but hopefully this grabs your attention enough to see what is possible and to experiment further.
- Babylon 5 & the Great War of Java – Stephen Colebourne’s Weblog – We all have to look to ourselves – developers, community members, vendors, Oracle – and decide "Who we Are" and "What we Want". And then find a way to bring all the different answers to those questions together for a common purpose.
- Jetty Continuations: Push Your Java Server Beyond Its Scalability Limits — Developer.com – Jetty Continuations suspend an HTTP request and releases the thread to the thread pool. When an event or timeout occurs, it resumes the suspended request. This approach avoids the thread-per-connection limitation of Web servers, allowing the server to scale for heavy loads
- Apple joins Google in counterattack against Paul Allen lawsuit – Computerworld – Apple last week joined forces with Google, Facebook, Yahoo and others in an effort to dismiss patent infringement charges brought by billionaire Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen
Daily del.icio.us for October 25th through October 29th