- MockFtpServer – Home – The MockFtpServer project provides a mock/dummy FTP server implementations that can be very useful for testing of FTP client code. Two FTP Server implementations are provided, each at a different level of abstraction.
- InfoQ: Is PHP Ready for the Enterprise? – Although PHP boasts of being the most widely used environment for web application development, it has been traditionally considered as not suitable for the enterprise. InfoQ has conducted a virtual panel regarding the evolution of the language/platform and its suitability in enterprise environments.
- Enterprise Integration Patterns with Spring | Java™ Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – Patterns to be discussed include Message Channel, Message Endpoint, Channel Adapter, Content-Based Router, and more. After this session, you will have a clear understanding of how the Spring Integration API promotes the separation of concerns that is essential for producing maintainable, testable code.
- Using the Google Collections Library for Java (1 of 2) | Java™ Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – In this session, you’ll learn how the open-source Google Collections Library builds on the excellent foundation of java.util, to provide more of the building blocks you need to do your job. You’ll see many examples of how your code can become simpler, safer, more flexible, and more powerful by adopting classes like ReferenceMap, Multimap, our immutable collections and many others.
- Kevin O’Neill hired by USC as basketball coach – Los Angeles Times – O'Neill has been head coach at Marquette, Tennessee and Northwestern. He led Marquette to the NCAA tournament twice, reaching the Sweet 16 in 1994.
- YouTube – John Hodgman at Radio & TV Correspondents’ Dinner – Humorist John Hodgman was the entertainment headliner at the 2009 Radio and TV Correspondents' Dinner. Mr. Hodgman roasted the president for being a "nerd", referencing his place in popular culture and passion for comics and science fiction
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Using Firebug – Nettuts+ – Firebug is one of the most popular tools used by web developers. In this article, we'll take a closer look at ten of its most attractive features.
- Full Weblogic Load-Balancing in EC2 with Amazon ELB – The Server Labs Blog – This is the latest post in the series on deploying a Weblogic cluster in Amazon EC2. Previous posts have shown how to create and configure a weblogic cluster using either standard Amazon EC2 images or RightScale ServerTemplates and RightScripts.
- Jeliot – a Java Program Visualization System | Java™ Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – Jeliot 3 is a Program Visualization application. It visualizes how a Java program is interpreted. Method calls, variables, operation are displayed on a screen as the animation goes on, allowing the student to follow step by step the execution of a program.
- Are Pesticides Causing Parkinson’s Disease? | Environment | AlterNet – Scientists are closing in on an inescapable conclusion: Pesticides may be a cause of Parkinson's disease.
- Apache Stonehenge – – Stonehenge is a set of example applications for Service Oriented Architecture that spans languages and platforms and demonstrates best practise and interoperability.
- Key Developments At JavaOne — Application Development Trends – We've seen the steady transition of leadership by Sun to open source, and that's just going to continue to accelerate
Daily del.icio.us for June 17th through June 22nd