- Scala 2013: A Pragmatic Guide To Scala Adoption in Your Java Organization – This report gives you what you need to know about experimenting with Scala programming in your Java team – a 15-page exclusive interview with Martin Odersky, another 15 pages of analysis, code, tips and tricks, including commentary from Josh Suereth, Scala expert and author.
- Scala will so totally win against Java. – The beauty of Scala is that it gives you a new paradigm to work with on the Java Virtual Machine, while retaining compatibility with other Java classes.
- Ubiquitous Testing – Testing Is Too Important to Leave to the End – Yehoram Shenhar and Alistair McKinnell present a way of doing testing having every team member involved in planning, estimating, and defining tests, testability being an architectural system attribute.
- What the Obama IT team teaches us about polyglot programming – From the standpoint of tech geeks like myself, the IT operation behind Obama for America was extremely impressive. Why? Because the operation managed to be all of the following at the same time: 100% cloud-based, deeply polyglot, poly-framework, poly-DB, and, perhaps most importantly, unbelievably agile and time- and resource-constrained. And when you consider that they were passing around terabytes of data across over 100 applications
- RethinkDB screencast – Watch a quick overview of the ReQL query language, sharding, replication, and more! – An open-source distributed database built with love. Enjoy an intuitive query language, automatically parallelized queries, and simple administration.
- ‘We thought we’d sell 1,000’: The inside story of the Raspberry Pi | ZDNet – The $35 Linux Raspberry Pi computer has sparked a coding revolution. Here's the inside story of the Pi, from its inspiration and development to plans for its future.
- iOS – Creating your first app using the Windows Azure Mobile Services Quickstart – In this video Chris Risner demonstrates how you can create your first iOS application using Windows Azure Mobile Services. The demo includes creating your first Mobile Service, downloading the quick start iOS app, running the app then exploring how the application uses the Mobile Services Client SDK to insert, update and query its data to/from the newly created Mobile Service.
- Let Microsoft Teach You How To Code – for FREE! – Can Microsoft teach you how to code for free? It sounds like a sensational title but it is true, Microsoft can help you learn to code by providing you the tools and curriculum to do so.
- Integrating Bean Validation with JAX-RS in Java EE 6 » samaxes – JavaBeans Validation (Bean Validation) is a new validation model available as part of Java EE 6 platform. The Bean Validation model is supported by constraints in the form of annotations placed on a field, method, or class of a JavaBeans component, such as a managed bean.
- Duri.me – A beautifully simple image-to-DataURI converter. – A beautifully simple image-to-DataURI converter
Links for January 16th through January 18th