- visualvm: Home – VisualVM is a visual tool integrating several commandline JDK tools and lightweight profiling capabilities. Designed for both production and development time use, it further enhances the capability of monitoring and performance analysis for the Java SE pl
- Comparison of 2 Java Excel Apis on Large Workbooks/Worksheets – Ramblings of a Java Developer – Essentially what I did was to compare the Apache POI HSSF Api and the JExcelApi.
- iPhone: The New Personal Computer – ReadWriteWeb – Increasingly, desktops and laptops will be for professional computing. iPhone and its descendants will be our new personal computer. This is an exciting page in the history of our technology. It's the start of an era: ubiquitous, portable, personal comput
- Our Electric Future — The American, A Magazine of Ideas – A policy that favors sticky energy with multiple sources and that aggressively moves vehicles first toward dual-fuel mode and ultimately to running on just electricity provides the answer
- stevenf.com – Don’t use FTP – FTP has served us well, but it's time to move on. You wouldn't use a 23 year old computer to do your work, so don't use a protocol from the same vintage. Demand modern transfer protocols from your host.
- How to Install Media Codecs for Flash, DVD, QuickTime (MOV), MP3, WMV, WMA, and ACC (MP4, M4A) Playback in Linux [Ubuntu Guide] : Zaphu – Due to copyrights, Ubuntu (currently Hardy Heron 8.04) is distributed without codecs to play many of the most prevalent media formats. This guide shows you how.
- Slipstream – On a Small Screen, Just the Salient Stuff – NYTimes.com – Visiting Web sites that have been redesigned for the iPhone is often a quicker and more pleasing experience than it is on those increasingly cinema-style desktop displays, which routinely have 20-inch or larger screens.
- Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer’s Guide – This book is a tutorial and reference for the Ruby programming language. Use Ruby, and you'll write better code, be more productive, and enjoy programming more.
- Political Irony › If today’s Congress presided during Watergate – If today’s Congress presided during Watergate
- TV Review – ‘Generation Kill’ – In ‘Generation Kill’ Comrades in Chaos Invade Iraq – Review – NYTimes.com – “Generation Kill,” an HBO seven-part mini-series about the invasion of Iraq that begins on Sunday, is bold, uncompromising and oddly diffident.
- Java Sorting: Comparator vs Comparable Tutorial – Computerized World – This article will discuss the java.lang.Comparator and java.lang.Comparable in details with a set of sample codes for further clarifications.
- theJavaJar.com – Groovy, Grails and JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA – he JetGroovy plugin does a great job of exposing a new Groovy developer to an environment that most seasoned Java developers are already accustomed to.
Daily del.icio.us for July 12th through July 14th