- Check Your JMeter – Now Version 2.4 | Javalobby – Today the Apache Jakarta subproject JMeter is releasing the next version of its pure Java desktop app, JMeter, which is designed to load test functional behavior and gauge performance. Features of the newly released JMeter 2.4 include JUnit 4 annotation support, JSR-223 test elements, and HTTPS session recording.
- Scala 2.8.0 final | The Scala Programming Language – It is finally here!! After many, many months of hard work, the Scala team is truly happy to announce the new, much-awaited stable release of Scala! The all-new Scala 2.8.0 final distribution is ready
- Scripting News: Apple’s brewing shitstorm – Apple is a company that desperately needs to grow up and wipe the smile off its face, and roll its sleeves up and start to appreciate that they're no longer the upstart, the underdog
- DNS gains added measure of security starting today ( – Security ) – The 13 globally distributed server clusters — known within Internet engineering circles as the Root Zone – will begin cryptographically signing DNS look-ups today.
- With Google as Partner, Verizon May Not Need iPhone – NYTimes.com – Verizon could decide that it does not actually need the iPhone, thanks to its deepening ties with Google.
- Sencha Docs gives JavaDoc a Facelift – Sencha – Blog – Sencha Docs offers a fresh take on API documentation for Java. Rather than modifying or restyling JavaDoc, we decided to start from scratch and build a new user interface experience using the JavaDoc parser and Ext GWT. Since Ext GWT is designed to build rich internet applications, it was a great framework with which to build a modern user experience.
- Gartner Says Worldwide PC Shipments Increased 21 Percent in Second Quarter of 2010 – Worldwide PC shipments reached 82.9 million units in the second quarter of 2010, a 20.7 percent increase from the second quarter of 200
- AppleInsider | Report: Apple’s iPad to copy iPhone in eating up lion’s share of profits – Despite selling a small 3% minority of the world's mobile phones, Apple has surpassed the earnings of RIM, Motorola, Nokia, HTC and Sony Ericsson combined, and is estimated to widen its lead in the future, according to Goldman Sachs research cited by the Financial Times
- Survey: Oracle Not So Bad for Java and MySQL — Application Development Trends – The results of a survey, published this week by open-source business intelligence (B.I.) vendor Jaspersoft, seem to indicate that early concerns about the fate of Java and MySQL in the hands of Oracle have abated, at least for the present.
- eTown Radio Show 1008 – Natalie Merchant / The Horse Flies – eTown celebrates the return one of the world’s most respected recording artists, Natalie Merchant. Backed by her band, Natalie shares both brand new tunes and beloved favorites
- Java and security skills offer IT job security | Job search – InfoWorld – A recent survey by job-hunting site Dice.com found that the people who are hiring IT pros put Java/J2EE at the very top of their hiring criteria.
Daily del.icio.us for July 13th through July 15th