- Why Americans use social media | Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project – Two-thirds of online adults (66%) use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace or LinkedIn. These internet users say that connections with family members and friends (both new and old) are a primary consideration in their adoption of social media tools
- Set Up an Amazon EC2 Instance with Tomcat and MySQL – 5 Minutes Tutorial – Set Up an Amazon EC2 Instance with Tomcat and MySQL – 5 Minutes Tutorial
- Gartner Says Sales of Mobile Devices Grew 5.6 Percent in Third Quarter of 2011; Smartphone Sales Increased 42 Percent – Worldwide sales of mobile devices totaled 440.5 million units in the third quarter of 2011, up 5.6 percent from the same period last year, according to Gartner, Inc. Non-smartphone devices performed well, driven by demand in emerging markets for low-cost devices from white-box manufacturers, and for dual-subscriber identity module (SIM) devices.
- More information of Google+’s technology stack from an engineer on their infrastructure team – Many of you wanted to hear more about Google+'s technology stack. A few of us engineers decided to write a few posts about this topic and share them with you.
- Got big data? Crunch it with Google’s BigQuery | VentureBeat – Google wants to help you crunch big data like cornflakes. To that end, it is opening up BigQuery, the service is designed for large-scale internal data analytics, to companies of all sizes, and it’s adding a web interface so you can do it all in the cloud.
- Kindle Touch review – Amazon reinvents the Kindle with the all-new Kindle Touch. But how far have we really come? – Amazon reinvents the Kindle with the all-new Kindle Touch. But how far have we really come?
Links for November 14th through November 15th