- Helen Mirren: ‘it’s time we all understood Parkinson’s disease’ | Society | The Guardian – Oscar-winning actor calls for a revolution in attitudes to sufferers of the degenerative neurological condition
- Chrome Browser to Start Sandboxing Flash Player | Webmonkey | Wired.com – The latest developer channel release of the Chrome browser now supports sandboxing for Adobe’s Flash Player on Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tuscany SCA Java 2.0-Beta1 released – Apache Tuscany/SCA provides a runtime environment based on Service<br />
Component Architecture (SCA), which is a set of OASIS specifications<br />
aimed at simplifying SOA application development.
- Fireside chat with the GWT team | Java Software Development Videos and Tutorials Directory – Several of the core engineers discuss the new features and frameworks in GWT.
- BadMagicNumber » A pragmatic approach to Google AppEngine – I’ve been working on a large (Java) AppEngine project since January 2010. During that time I learnt a lot of tricks and techniques for dealing with AppEngine’s idiosyncrasies
- Netflix’s Advice on Moving to Amazon Web Services – ReadWriteCloud – The Netflix's video streaming service has nearly tripled in growth during the past year. To scale the service, Netflix has moved its API and other operations to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Java Is A Dead-End For Enterprise App Development | Forrester Blogs – Application development teams should create a 3-year application development strategy and roadmap to include architecture, process, tools, and technology. All options and trends should be put on the table and up for discussion
- s4 wiki | Distributed stream computing platform – S4 is a general-purpose, distributed, scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous unbounded streams of data
- InfoQ: Interview and Book Excerpt: George Fairbanks’ Just Enough Software Architecture – Just Enough Software Architecture book, by author George Fairbanks, focuses on a risk-driven approach to software architecture development