- The Short List for U.S. Chief Technology Officer – BusinessWeek – Barack Obama has pledged to name a cabinet-level CTO to oversee a job-creating national broadband buildout if he's elected. Big names abound
- Wikimedia Ubuntu migration FAQ – Meta – There's been some recent news coverage about Wikimedia's ongoing migration of servers to Ubuntu Linux. While much of the coverage is fairly straightforward and fact-based, there are some common questions and misconceptions I've seen in comments.
- Linux Ecosystem worth $25 billion – InternetNews:The Blog – Sean Michael Kerner – The Linux Foundation is set to release a report on Wednesday estimating that the Linux ecosystem is now worth $25 billion
- Open Web Podcast – Episode 5: Ryan Stewart of Adobe – Ryan Stewart of Adobe joined us for episode 5 of the Open Web Podcast. We really want to be pragmatic Open Web citizens, so thought it would be good to hear from Ryan and get his point of view on what Adobe, and he, are thinking with respect to the Web as a-whole
- Ajaxian » Dojo 1.2 Final Release – Pete Higgins released Dojo 1.2 the first version under his command. There are a ton of subtle improvements such as
- Ajaxian » The bane and choice of Rich Text Editors – Stuart Atkinson has kindly done a roundup of the state of rich text editors, and it covers
- High Performance Web Sites :: Runtime Page Optimizer – The Runtime Page Optimizer (RPO) is an exciting product from Aptimize. RPO runs on a web server applying performance optimizations to pages at runtime, just before the page is sent to the browser
- FancyUpload for Flash 10 » digitarald:Harald K – I developed and tested all day to release a FancyUpload version that works in Flash 9 and 10 (Kodus to Anders Rasmussen and his conversion to AS3). The code is now commited to github,
- Newer Technology Universal Drive Adapter -… (U2NV2SPATA) at OWC – The "Swiss Army Knife" of Disk Connectivity…Turns Any Bare Drive Into An External Storage Solution!!
- The Return of Terry Tate – Office Linebacker and his election specials – http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Algorithms-Thomas-H-Cormen/dp/0262032937
- Ruminations of a Programmer: Memcached and Terracotta : Alternatives or Complementary ? – Can we conclude that for read-only (mostly) usecases, use memcached, while, for read-write usecases, use Terracotta to obtain transparent durability to the persistent store. Rather than alternatives, the two technologies are complementary.
- Colin Powell endorses Obama – CNN.com – Former Secretary of State Colin Powell announced Sunday that he will be voting for Sen. Barack Obama, citing the Democrat's "ability to inspire" and the "inclusive nature of his campaign."
- The Great GWT Roundup | Javalobby – Over the past two months or so we here at the web builder zone, thanks to Manning Publishing, have been publishing a comprehensive series on GWT. We recently published the last in the series and I thought that it would be a good idea to create a sort of index of all of these articles.
- Washington Wire – WSJ.com : Obama Rally Draws 100,000 in Missouri – Barack Obama attracted 100,000 people at a Saturday rally here, his biggest crowd ever at a U.S. event. The crowd assembled under the Gateway Arch on a sunny Saturday afternoon to hear Obama speak about taxes and slam the Republicans on economic issues.
Daily del.icio.us for October 18th through October 20th