- Knowing Cache and Java Cache System « Caught By Java – Java Caching System (JCS) is a robust open source distributed caching system that is written in Java. It is a subproject of Apache Jakarta project.
- Google Chrome is the New Firefox, and Firefox the new IE (by Jeremy Zawodny) – It turns out that Chrome on Linux is DRAMATICALLY FASTER THAN FIREFOX!.
- SocialSafe: Get Your Facebook Data Out of Facebook – SocialSafe is an effective, fun new application enabling Facebook users to manage their Facebook data offline on their home computer.
- Google Voice Bookmarklet Generator – Want to use Google Voice on your iPhone more easily? This website will help you turn your contacts into bookmarklets that you can organize in folders within Safari. Then just tap on a bookmark to call!
- Jay-Z – Beasties tribute – covers "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" – Chunnel – Jay-Z replaced the Beastie Boys as a headliner of the ALL POINTS WEST FESTIVAL becuase of MCA's recent cancer diagnosis. Being the nice guy that Hov is, he opened his set paying tribute to the Beasties by basically performing a musical "get well soon" card to MCA in the form of a "No Sleep to Brooklyn" cover.
- Developer Evangelism – home of the Developer Evangelist Handbook – A developer evangelist is a spokesperson, mediator and translator between a company and both its technical staff and outside developers.
- JAX-WS, CXF and SAAJ on Oracle Weblogic 10.3 | Xebia Blog – JAX-WS webservices running on the CXF stack and the default Weblogic stack can now be deployed in the same Weblogic domain without getting in each others way.
- Daring Fireball: Microsoft’s Long, Slow Decline – To be clear, Microsoft remains a very profitable company. However, they have never before reported year-over-year declines like this, nor fallen so short of projected earnings. Something is awry.
- Alter: Our Heath-Care System Is Just Fine As Is! | Newsweek Voices – Jonathan Alter | Newsweek.com – Speaking of fair, it seems fair to me that cost-cutting bureaucrats at the insurance companies—not doctors—decide what's reimbursable. After all, the insurance companies know best.
- FCC Takes On Apple And AT&T Over Google Voice Rejection – Dow Jones newswire reportsthat The Federal Communications Commission is looking into Apple’s rejection of Google Voice, and has sent letters to AT&T, Apple, and Google to find out what’s going on
- One Billion + You – We’re awed and amazed….to be celebrating one billion Firefox downloads. That’s one billion times in the last five years that you and the rest of the Mozilla community have made the choice to make the Web better.
Daily del.icio.us for August 1st through August 4th