- IntelliJ IDEA Static Analysis: Custom Rules with Structural Search & Replace | JetBrains TV – This screencast demonstrates IDEA's static code analysis features and how to write your own rule using Structural Search & Replace. I'll give you a quick overview of IDEA inspections, show you how to use Structural Search, and then demonstate creating a new inspection and quick fix based on this search
- How Digg is Built | Digg About – At Digg we have substantially rebuilt our infrastructure over the last year in what we call "Digg V4". This blog post gives a high-level view of the systems and technologies involved and how we use them. Read on to find out the secrets of the Digg engineers!
- Hosting websites out of CouchDB :: myNoSQL – Together with Couchapps, support for virtual hosts and URL rewrites makes it easier to create and serve web applications directly from CouchDB with no additional middleware
- Useful Bookmarklets for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch Browser – Unlike most desktop browsers, the Safari browser of your iOS device doesn’t support extensions but you can still add extra functionality to the browser with the help of bookmarklets
- Kindle From Another Planet – Despite being part of the microcomputer revolution from the beginning, the Kindle is the first piece of technology I've seen that feels alien to me. And I mean that in a good way
- Flex on the iPad – Trading system – Here is a video showing a sample Flex application running on the iPad. This Mobile Trader application shows chart manipulation and drill-downs using touch events, real time market data updates
- Everybody is an architect, except when they’re not – One software architect or many? Single point of responsibility or shared amongst the team? Agile or not, the software architecture role exists. Only the context will tell you the right answer
- Enterprise tablet adoption picks up steam; Bring your own PC doesn’t – Twenty six percent of enterprises are using or planning to use tablets, according to Forrester. However, only 2 percent will support employees who bring their own PC.
- GXT 3 ContentPanel Changes | Darrell Meyer’s Blog – We have been busy working on Ext GWT 3. I wanted take some time to discuss some of the changes we have made to ContentPanel which reflect design changes in Ext GWT 3.
- Needlebase – platform for acquiring, integrating, cleansing, analyzing and publishing data – Needle is a revolutionary platform for acquiring, integrating, cleansing, analyzing and publishing data on the web. Using Needle through a web browser, without programmers or DBAs, your data team can easily:
- High Scalability – High Scalability – Did the Microsoft Stack Kill MySpace? – Robert Scoble wrote a fascinating case study, MySpace’s death spiral: insiders say it’s due to bets on Los Angeles and Microsoft, where he reports MySpace insiders blame the Microsoft stack on why they lost the great social network race to Facebook.
Daily del.icio.us for March 26th through March 29th