- PhoneGap and Cordova with iOS 7 – Now that it’s officially available, I wanted to share my experience running and building PhoneGap / Cordova applications on iOS 7.
- Putting big data and advanced analytics to work | McKinsey & Company – In a video feature, McKinsey director David Court explains how companies can improve their decisions and performance by getting powerful new tools in the hands of frontline managers.
- Improved Java Tooling for Cloud Foundry – Pivotal has released several new components that enable developers using Java, Groovy, and other JVM languages to deploy applications to Cloud Foundry quickly and easily. This blog post will show the options available to JVM developers with this new toolin
- 8 Reasons Why Even Microsoft Agrees the Windows Desktop is a Nightmare – The Windows desktop is a mess. Sure, it’s extremely powerful and has a huge software library, but it’s not a good experience for average people. It’s not even a good experience for geeks, although we tolerate it. Even Microsoft agrees about this. Microsoft’s Surface tablets with Windows RT don’t support any third-party desktop apps
- The many reasons why Chrome OS is appealing – If the Chrome OS is “just a browser”, how can it be more appealing to some people given that other devices all have a browser and more? There are a number of reasons and an article we highlight explains them quite well.
- Java EE 7 and IntelliJ IDEA 13. RESTful Web Services Made Easy – One of the notable changes coming in IntelliJ IDEA 13 is the developer tool set for Java EE 7, the cutting-edge version of Oracle’s enterprise Java platform. IntelliJ IDEA will offer support and productivity-boosting features for all Java EE specifications
- Software-Defined Infrastructure, As Cloudy Now As Cloud Was – ReadWrite – Remember when everyone tried to define cloud computing? Turns out they're just as confused about software-defined infrastructure.
- HealthCare.gov failed despite agile practices – In relation to HealthCare.gov, an agile process was implemented and the software was a national failure. This does not mean agile was the primary cause of that failure but it is not unreasonable to assume it played a part. My hope is that we can learn from
- 16 Traits of Great IT Leaders – CIO.com – If you want to succeed as an IT leader you have to develop a set of traits that will serve you and those around you. Industry leaders and career experts share their thoughts on what behaviors make an IT leader great.
Links for October 31st through November 3rd